• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

14 yr old son ratted out for buying Pot at school & expelled and charged with distrib

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MammaCore

14 yr old son ratted out for buying Pot at school & expelled and charged with distrib

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

Son bought small amnt of pot at school. Someone told principle ( nothing was actually SEEN going down). Son admitted buying, showed it to girl he got it for them to share and she took it and kept it ).He is being charged with distribution. She got suspended for 5 days, my son for 10 days with recommendation for long term suspension until end of year. We can apply for alternative school but the distribution charge prohibits him from going to alternative school. We can't put him in the recommended drug treatment program bcause that too keeps us from appealing to schools long term suspension. We are currently appealing the 10 day suspension with the recommendation for long term expulsion. What are our options and how can we go about getting the long term suspension removed ?

racer72

You are going to require the services of a local attorney familiar with the school's policies. This is not an issue that can be easily answered in an online forum.

When a parent says it was a "small" amount of pot etc...etc...and is covering up his "little" problem over and over again...the problem is you!

You are enabling him and the sooner you realize it the better off HE will be.

Take the suspension and do the drug class and the alt. schooling and make him FACE the consequences of his actions.

Son bought small amnt of pot at school.NO SUCH THING AS A SMALL AMT. OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS FOR A CHILD OR ADULT FOR THAT MATTER Someone told principle RIGHTFULLY SO( nothing was actually SEEN going down) GAWD YOU SOUND LIKE A THUG "GOING DOWN"??? Son admitted buying, showed it to girl he got it for them to share ISN'T THIS SWEET??? HE SHARES and she took it and kept it ).He is being charged with distribution THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT IT WAS NO DOUBT. She got suspended for 5 days, GOOD my son for 10 days HE'S LUCKY ONLY 10 with recommendation for long term suspension until end of year.UNLESS YOU SHOW SOME PARENTING SKILLS TO SHOW THEM YOU BACK THE 10 DAYS :rolleyes: We can apply for alternative school but the distribution charge prohibits him from going to alternative school. We can't put him in the recommended drug treatment program bcause that too keeps us from appealing to schools long term suspension. SO LET HIM GET FAR WORSE??? We are currently appealing the 10 day suspension WHY??? with the recommendation for long term expulsion. THATS BECAUSE THEY SEE NO END TO HIS DISTRIBUTION WITH YOU BACKING HIM UP... What are our options and how can we go about getting the long term suspension removed ? ACT LIKE A PARENT
14 YR. OLD SON "RATTED" OUT??? POOR THING. GEEEESH

THE CAPS ARE ME...STILL DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THE QUOTE THING.

Last edited:

Silverplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaCore

Son bought small amnt of pot at school.NO SUCH THING AS A SMALL AMT. OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS FOR A CHILD OR ADULT FOR THAT MATTER Someone told principle RIGHTFULLY SO( nothing was actually SEEN going down) GAWD YOU SOUND LIKE A THUG "GOING DOWN"??? Son admitted buying, showed it to girl he got it for them to share ISN'T THIS SWEET??? HE SHARES and she took it and kept it ).He is being charged with distribution THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT IT WAS NO DOUBT. She got suspended for 5 days, GOOD my son for 10 days HE'S LUCKY ONLY 10 with recommendation for long term suspension until end of year.UNLESS YOU SHOW SOME PARENTING SKILLS TO SHOW THEM YOU BACK THE 10 DAYS We can apply for alternative school but the distribution charge prohibits him from going to alternative school. We can't put him in the recommended drug treatment program bcause that too keeps us from appealing to schools long term suspension. SO LET HIM GET FAR WORSE??? We are currently appealing the 10 day suspension WHY??? with the recommendation for long term expulsion. THATS BECAUSE THEY SEE NO END TO HIS DISTRIBUTION WITH YOU BACKING HIM UP... What are our options and how can we go about getting the long term suspension removed ? ACT LIKE A PARENT

14 YR. OLD SON "RATTED" OUT??? POOR THING. GEEEESH

THE CAPS ARE ME...STILL DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THE QUOTE THING.
Just hit the QUOTE button before quoting. If you want to learn how to split them up into separate quotes and replies, that'll be $19.95.

Shay-Pari'e

Son bought small amnt of pot at school. Someone told principle ( nothing was actually SEEN going down). Son admitted buying, showed it to girl he got it for them to share and she took it and kept it ).He is being charged with distribution. She got suspended for 5 days, my son for 10 days with recommendation for long term suspension until end of year. We can apply for alternative school but the distribution charge prohibits him from going to alternative school. We can't put him in the recommended drug treatment program bcause that too keeps us from appealing to schools long term suspension. We are currently appealing the 10 day suspension with the recommendation for long term expulsion. What are our options and how can we go about getting the long term suspension removed ?
Sorry guy's, I only read the first post. So this Mommy or Daddy cannot put his/her kid in the recommended drug treatment program, because she/he wants to fight this?

WOW! Not the Mom/Dad of the year OP.

No one will get through to this person. She thinks very little of herself and her kid,(That is in so much need of help)

Shay-Pari'e

]When a parent says it was a "small" amount of pot etc...etc...and is covering up his "little" problem over and over again...the problem is you!

You are enabling him and the sooner you realize it the better off HE will be.

Take the suspension and do the drug class and the alt. schooling and make him FACE the consequences of his actions.[/QUOTE]

DITTO!

And, of course, I was joking.

I would NEVER sell The Secret Of Quoting! Never sell, and never tell!

:p
and I will never figure it out either :mad:

I have spent the entire last week setting up a federally chartered bank, a brand new branch ALL by myself with only 3 of us there till we get up and running...My boss shut down his mtg. busi. last year...(I've hounded him to open up again as a federal bank branch to do all 50 states)...I have accumulated a zillion logins and passwords to set up ALL the state templates with a kazillion different lenders...and can't figure out how to do this quote thing??

Silverplum

and I will never figure it out either :mad:

I have spent the entire last week setting up a federally chartered bank, a brand new branch ALL by myself with only 3 of us there till we get up and running...My boss shut down his mtg. busi. last year...(I've hounded him to open up again as a federal bank branch to do all 50 states)...I have accumulated a zillion logins and passwords to set up ALL the state templates with a kazillion different lenders...and can't figure out how to do this quote thing??
It's a shame.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">