• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

14yr arrested on 4 felonies(burg, poss. firearm)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cassie feuer

What is the name of your state? CA My son was arrested on charges of burglary, conspiracy to commit burglary, possession of stolen firearm, possesion of firearm, grand theft. He broke into a house with video security and were going to take a gun, jewlery, marajuanna, when the man came home they dropped everything and ran. Of course they were caught himself and 3 other boys 2 to stand look out and 2 went in (my son & another boy-who claimed the white supremist made him do it, arresting officer said he's looking to an enhancement) the officer said that if given the max. my sons looking at 11 yrs. It's his first trouble of any kind, but we do live in Riverside Co., and with the gun, and being grand theft what realisticaly is he looking at? And what if anything would help in his defense? He did tell the officer the truth about everything, but his grades are rotten, he has ADHD and is on medication that makes him aggressive. He really is a good kid, just got caught up with the wrong crowd. This is his 1st year at public school from private school and just looking to fit in now it looks like he'll be fitting in to jailhaouse jump suites.

Let me clarify: My son didn't blame the white supremecist the other kid did, they haven't charged him yet he was only arrested. And if you don't believe that kids can do and say many things that they don't mean (and don't understand the consequences) especially when they're with peers and trying to fit in, then you have no children or your too old to remember when you were 14. I'm not making excuses or trying to get him out of anything I only asked for truth of what to expect not a bunch of BS! And I do appreciate the few who actually answered me, and gave their honest opinion with-out the worthless commentary, to you I offer a sincere THANK YOU, to the rest I'm glad all your children came out to be doctors, CEO's, and the like, but some of us aren't as blessed and are simply trying to raise our kids the best we can to whatever end? As an extra I took my son to the Dr. Wen. had blood work done, they called Fri. his liver enzim levels were extremely high did a ultra sound today it looks as though he's got liver disease (cancerous growths as no growths in the liver are begnine). So I guess he got his now didn't he?

Last edited:

fairisfair

uh, yeah, uh, he sounds like a great kid.

What the heck was that about a white supremist??

how old is your son
list the statutes he is charged with

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Funny how they're ALWAYS great kids and it's ALWAYS someone else's fault. Color me cynical.

BL

Funny how they're ALWAYS great kids and it's ALWAYS someone else's fault. Color me cynical.

Like the teenage bank bandits , the one mother said her daughter just got caught up in the wrong crowd , and she's a great kid .

smutlydog

What is the name of your state? CA My son was arrested on charges of burglary, conspiracy to commit burglary, possession of stolen firearm, possesion of firearm, grand theft. He broke into a house with video security and were going to take a gun, jewlery, marajuanna, when the man came home they dropped everything and ran. Of course they were caught himself and 3 other boys 2 to stand look out and 2 went in (my son & another boy-who claimed the white supremist made him do it, arresting officer said he's looking to an enhancement) the officer said that if given the max. my sons looking at 11 yrs. It's his first trouble of any kind, but we do live in Riverside Co., and with the gun, and being grand theft what realisticaly is he looking at? And what if anything would help in his defense? He did tell the officer the truth about everything, but his grades are rotten, he has ADHD and is on medication that makes him aggressive. He really is a good kid, just got caught up with the wrong crowd. This is his 1st year at public school from private school and just looking to fit in now it looks like he'll be fitting in to jailhaouse jump suites.What is the name of your state?
ADHD and free time is not a good mixture.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Realistically he could get 11 years or anything below that. he WILL spend time in prison if convicted. he committed several crimes. Making excuses for him is NOT going to help him at all. Good kids do not commit felonies.

CdwJava

Cassie, it is doubtful that if he is a minor, this is a first offense, and his first encounter with law enforcement that he will do anywhere approaching 11 years. For one thing, it will cost the county a LOT of money to send him to CYA (kiddie prison) for a property crime unless they can make it a gang-related offense as that will lessen the cost the state charges the county.

His poor school performance and ADHD history aren't going to help him much.

He needs an attorney ASAP!

- Carl

What is the name of your state? CA My son was arrested on charges of burglary, conspiracy to commit burglary, possession of stolen firearm, possesion of firearm, grand theft. He broke into a house with video security and were going to take a gun, jewlery, marajuanna, when the man came home they dropped everything and ran. Of course they were caught himself and 3 other boys 2 to stand look out and 2 went in (my son & another boy-who claimed the white supremist made him do it, arresting officer said he's looking to an enhancement) the officer said that if given the max. my sons looking at 11 yrs. It's his first trouble of any kind, but we do live in Riverside Co., and with the gun, and being grand theft what realisticaly is he looking at? And what if anything would help in his defense? He did tell the officer the truth about everything, but his grades are rotten, he has ADHD and is on medication that makes him aggressive. He really is a good kid, just got caught up with the wrong crowd. This is his 1st year at public school from private school and just looking to fit in now it looks like he'll be fitting in to jailhaouse jump suites.What is the name of your state?

You may want to check out this website... http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/programs/collab/peeryouth.htm

In Connecticut, we have a program for youthful offenders whom participate in this program to avoid prison. You may want to hire an attorney in California, who knows alot about these programs, in which may determine if your son is eligable.

http://www.cya.ca.gov/Offenders/intro.html

Possible defense may possibly be duress from the white supremist, whom coersed him, and his friend to commit the crime.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">