• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

14yr dating 16yr house arrest, smokes marijuana, sex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

prisonerno6

What is the name of your state? California

I would like to know my legal rights to the situation I have at hand. My 14-year old daughter has been seeing a 16-year old boy without permission. Typical 14-year old issues of sneaking out and lying about seeing the 16-year old boy until she got caught. But here are the issues I have with the 16-year old boy. The 16-year old boy is under house arrest for assualt. To add to this, I have come to find out that the 16-year old boy has been smoking marijuana and having sex with my 14-year old daughter. I have tested my 14-year old daughter and she has come up positive for marijuana. Is there anything that I can do legally to stop my 14-year old daughter from seeing the 16-year old boy?

Just Blue

I would like to know my legal rights to the situation I have at hand. My 14-year old daughter has been seeing a 16-year old boy without permission. Typical 14-year old issues of sneaking out and lying about seeing the 16-year old boy until she got caught. But here are the issues I have with the 16-year old boy. The 16-year old boy is under house arrest for assualt. To add to this, I have come to find out that the 16-year old boy has been smoking marijuana and having sex with my 14-year old daughter. I have tested my 14-year old daughter and she has come up positive for marijuana. Is there anything that I can do legally to stop my 14-year old daughter from seeing the 16-year old boy?
Report the rape of your daughter to the police. At 14 she is a child and not able to legally consent to sex, so that any sexual act with her is rape.

moburkes

Seconded. :eek:
Bay gave the best advice, but there is no walk in hell that Ali or Co-Co would still be living after I found that out. CPS wouldn't have to come get me. I'd show up in front of the jail - after I take care of that juvenile delinquent and that fast little child of mine.

Just Blue

Bay gave the best advice, but there is no walk in hell that Ali or Co-Co would still be living after I found that out. CPS wouldn't have to come get me. I'd show up in front of the jail - after I take care of that juvenile delinquent and that fast little child of mine.
Can you say BOOT CAMP?!!:eek: ;)

Yeah...I would be hard pressed not to cut off the family jewels of the little punk!!

(a) Unlawful sexual intercourse is an act of sexual intercourse accomplished with a person who is not the spouse of the perpetrator, if the person is a minor. For the purposes of this section, a "minor" is a person under the age of 18 years and an "adult" is a person who is at least 18 years of age.

(b) Any person who engages in an act of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor who is not more than three years older or three years younger than the perpetrator, is guilty of a misdemeanor.

(c) Any person who engages in an act of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor who is more than three years younger than the perpetrator is guilty of either a misdemeanor or a felony, and shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year, or by imprisonment in the state prison.

(d) Any person 21 years of age or older who engages in an act of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor who is under 16 years of age is guilty of either a misdemeanor or a felony, and shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year, or by imprisonment in the state prison for two, three, or four years.

(e) (1) Notwithstanding any other provision of this section, an adult who engages in an act of sexual intercourse with a minor in violation of this section may be liable for civil penalties in the following amounts:

(A) An adult who engages in an act of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor less than two years younger than the adult is liable for a civil penalty not to exceed two thousand dollars ($2,000).

(B) An adult who engages in an act of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor at least two years younger than the adult is liable for a civil penalty not to exceed five thousand dollars ($5,000).

(C) An adult who engages in an act of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor at least three years younger than the adult is liable for a civil penalty not to exceed ten thousand dollars ($10,000).

(D) An adult over the age of 21 years who engages in an act of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor under 16 years of age is liable for a civil penalty not to exceed twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000).

(2) The district attorney may bring actions to recover civil penalties pursuant to this subdivision. From the amounts collected for each case, an amount equal to the costs of pursuing the action shall be deposited with the treasurer of the county in which the judgment was entered, and the remainder shall be deposited in the Underage Pregnancy Prevention Fund, which is hereby created in the State Treasury. Amounts deposited in the Underage Pregnancy Prevention Fund may be used only for the purpose of preventing underage pregnancy upon appropriation by the Legislature.

(3) In addition to any punishment imposed under this section, the judge may assess a fine not to exceed seventy dollars ($70) against any person who violates this section with the proceeds of this fine to be used in accordance with Section 1463.23. The court shall, however, take into consideration the defendant's ability to pay, and no defendant shall be denied probation because of his or her inability to pay the fine permitted under this subdivision.

Well, he's on house arrest so talk to his probation officer, and let them know what he is doing. The only law he broke was smoking pot....

moburkes

Last I checked, a misdemeanor was still a crime...
(b) Any person who engages in an act of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor who is not more than three years older or three years younger than the perpetrator, is guilty of a misdemeanor.

You Are Guilty

Can you say BOOT CAMP?!!:eek: ;)

Yeah...I would be hard pressed not to cut off the family jewels of the little punk!!
This is precisely the type of situation when having friends on the job comes in handy. Have said friend waiting in living room for the arrival of the weed-totin', probation-breakin' rapist, wait for the doorbell to ring and watch hilarity ensue!

CdwJava

jgargano03 said:
The only law he broke was smoking pot....
Uh ... no. He also violated 261.5:

261.5. (a) Unlawful sexual intercourse is an act of sexual
intercourse accomplished with a person who is not the spouse of the
perpetrator, if the person is a minor. For the purposes of this
section, a "minor" is a person under the age of 18 years and an
"adult" is a person who is at least 18 years of age.

A "person" is NOT defined as an adult. A "person" can be a minor.

This is a misdemeanor criminal offense in CA, but generally not registrable as a sex offender.

Additionally, if the 16 year old delinquent provided marijuana, or aided her delinquency by offering a place to smoke it, to runaway or be out of her parents' control, he can also be charged with another criminal offense: Contributing to the delinquency of a minor pursuant to PC 272. While this is not likely, it is possible.

Then there could be charges related to furnishing the marijuana, etc.

I'd say there are ample grounds for a violation of this kid's terms of house arrest - i.e. send him to the hall or to CYA. There is also grounds for the possibility of additional charges. And, there is good grounds to get a restraining order against junior.

Oh, and don't forget to ground the little princess, take away her computer, cell phone, home phone, and any rights and privileges until she has EARNED these privileges back. Maybe removing the door to her bedroom and replacing it with a blanket is a good start. Also consider a new policy of random, daily or weekly searches of her room, her school books, her purse, her drawers, etc. You might be surprised with what you find in there. Remember, the 4th Amendment does NOT apply to you searching your kid's stuff.

My kids have learned that they do not reside in THEIR room ... they reside in MY room that I ALLOW them to sleep and store their stuff in.

- Carl

Uh ... no. He also violated 261.5:

261.5. (a) Unlawful sexual intercourse is an act of sexual
intercourse accomplished with a person who is not the spouse of the
perpetrator, if the person is a minor. For the purposes of this
section, a "minor" is a person under the age of 18 years and an
"adult" is a person who is at least 18 years of age.

A "person" is NOT defined as an adult. A "person" can be a minor.

This is a misdemeanor criminal offense in CA, but generally not registrable as a sex offender.

Additionally, if the 16 year old delinquent provided marijuana, or aided her delinquency by offering a place to smoke it, to runaway or be out of her parents' control, he can also be charged with another criminal offense: Contributing to the delinquency of a minor pursuant to PC 272. While this is not likely, it is possible.

Then there could be charges related to furnishing the marijuana, etc.

I'd say there are ample grounds for a violation of this kid's terms of house arrest - i.e. send him to the hall or to CYA. There is also grounds for the possibility of additional charges. And, there is good grounds to get a restraining order against junior.

Oh, and don't forget to ground the little princess, take away her computer, cell phone, home phone, and any rights and privileges until she has EARNED these privileges back. Maybe removing the door to her bedroom and replacing it with a blanket is a good start. Also consider a new policy of random, daily or weekly searches of her room, her school books, her purse, her drawers, etc. You might be surprised with what you find in there. Remember, the 4th Amendment does NOT apply to you searching your kid's stuff.

My kids have learned that they do not reside in THEIR room ... they reside in MY room that I ALLOW them to sleep and store their stuff in.

- Carl
Thank you for the clarification, I'm not from California.... I pulled up what I could from LoisLaw.com.

Last edited:

CdwJava

jgargano03 said:
Thank you for the clarification, I'm not from California.... I pulled up what I could from LoisLaw.com.
It is a common misperception even here in CA that minors cannot commit statutory rape on other minors. It may be true in some states, but not in CA.

Definitions are all important when reading statutes.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">