• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

15 resisting arrest charge nc

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flowerchild98

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nc
Hello, im 15 & facing a resisting arrest charge i have no prior charges but the police report is pretty bad. Do you think i could be facing probation and if so how long or just simply community service? I have a kid on the way so being on probation isnt going to bw convenient so my child can see his father. My friend got 6 months for underage drinking and drug charges so id be confused if i actually did have probation. I have to go meet with a po officer about it before i go to court, im thinking he will try to give me way more time then I'd actually get in court. Any help would be appreciated. Thankyou very much

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Deleting your thread because you don't like the answers isn't going to help.

Talk to an attorney.

flowerchild98

Deleting your thread because you don't like the answers isn't going to help.

Talk to an attorney.
ACTUALLY, i deleted the thread because they didnt answer the question i asked at the bottom which was couls i be facing probation or community service. Dont be a smartass on assumptions. Thankyou.

TigerD

ACTUALLY, i deleted the thread because they didnt answer the question i asked at the bottom which was couls i be facing probation or community service. Dont be a smartass on assumptions. Thankyou.
hmmmnn

im 15...I have a kid on the way...being on probation isnt going to bw(SIC) convenient ...I have to go meet with a po officer about it before i go to court
1. You could placed in protective custody.
2. You could be taken from your home and sent to a juvenile facility.
3. They could look into prosecuting the father of your kid.
4. They could slap you on the wrist and simply have you meet with the juvenile officer.
5. They could treat you as an adult and throw you in jail for a year.

You are a hot mess and apparently in dire need of adult supervision. Since you have a child a on the way, it is time you stop acting like a child and grow up. Most people get an extra ten years, but you don't have that luxury. The choices you make are going to hurt or help your child's life. And they are your choices - you don't get to blame them on anyone else.

You decide what you are going to do and how you are going to handle things.
You are facing criminal charges. You could talk to your attorney and fix your behavior. Or you could continue acting like a brat and set yourself up for a life riddled with drugs and prison stays. Either way, you will set an example for your child, who should be more important than even your life to you.

It is an adult world and you jumped in with both feet.
Now, it's time to sink or swim baby.

TD

LdiJ

I read this information many years ago and went looking for it again because of this thread:

http://knowledgenuts.com/2014/07/25/the-difference-between-teenage-brains-and-adult-brains/

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Neither the law nor the court gives two hoots whether or not it is convenient for you to be on probation - or even in jail - or not.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Did you mouth off at the officer(s), too?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Well you weren't arrested for resisting arrest, so what were you arrested for? I have a feeling that resisting arrest will be the least of your problems.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Silly Zigner. Everyone knows peaches are from Georgia; North Carolina, however, has supplied us with a rotten apple.
Guess you haven't seen the great peach-shaped water-towers in Spartanburg, South Carolina and Clanton, Alabama. There's even a peach on a pole near my house; the county I live in also grows peaches. :cool:

flowerchild98

You guys dont have to be total *******s. I just asked for help not critisism. You guys came at me for deleting a thread. I think you need to do the growing up not me. You shouldve left the drama in highschool instead of spending all day on a social media site bashing 15 year olds.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You guys dont have to be total *******s. I just asked for help not critisism. You guys came at me for deleting a thread. I think you need to do the growing up not me. You shouldve left the drama in highschool instead of spending all day on a social media site bashing 15 year olds.
Thank you for your insightful posting.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">