• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

15 at the time possession of less than 15 grms cocaine

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

georgersh

What is the name of your state? Illinois
My daughter was "arrested" 4/22/05 age 15 with posession of cocaine. We were called to pick her up at the police station. I asked what would happen and the police office told me to call the juvenile department for any upcoming like anything i quess, which I did for ovewr 6 weeks. They NEVER had anything for her. Just this 4/17/06 we got summons to be in court this 5/18/06 for juvenile posession of a controlled substance with less than 15 grams. 1) Isn't there something called Due Process, why take one year to summons her & I. 2) we don't have the $6000 the crimminal attorney that I saw charged, he told me to use a public defender. My daughter is really upset and thinks that a public defender won't do anything for her, I did reassure her, but you know what, I really don't know!! It was her first offense and she has been terrific in realizing that her ways last did ruined her reputation and her "life" she has been doing great, any advie would be greatly appreciated. PLEASE!!

S

shell007

15 and in posession of cocaine???

OMG!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

How about this:... ask your LITTLE GIRL to give you some of her drug money to pay for an attorney. Otherwise....get the public defender and suck it up!!!

BelizeBreeze

georgersh said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois
My daughter was "arrested" 4/22/05 age 15 with posession of cocaine. We were called to pick her up at the police station. I asked what would happen and the police office told me to call the juvenile department for any upcoming like anything i quess, which I did for ovewr 6 weeks. They NEVER had anything for her. Just this 4/17/06 we got summons to be in court this 5/18/06 for juvenile posession of a controlled substance with less than 15 grams. 1) Isn't there something called Due Process, why take one year to summons her & I. 2) we don't have the $6000 the crimminal attorney that I saw charged, he told me to use a public defender. My daughter is really upset and thinks that a public defender won't do anything for her, I did reassure her, but you know what, I really don't know!! It was her first offense and she has been terrific in realizing that her ways last did ruined her reputation and her "life" she has been doing great, any advie would be greatly appreciated. PLEASE!!
Due Process? You're kidding right? You have exactly that, due process. The summons is to answer for your daughter's crime. Nothing more.

And for your information, 15 grams is enough to charge her with intent to distribute...and to be tried as an adult.

S

shell007

BelizeBreeze said:
Due Process? You're kidding right? You have exactly that, due process. The summons is to answer for your daughter's crime. Nothing more.

And for your information, 15 grams is enough to charge her with intent to distribute...and to be tried as an adult.
Ouch...that hurt!!!

georgersh

thank you Shellanty yeah ouch is right but parenting

parenting 101 is not the legal issue, OK maybe that's why it said LESS THAN instead of exactly how much. ANd I am very concerned about the due process, I still don't get that the summons after just about 1 year, is due process...financially please don't ridicule her or I about having the "drug" money, just simply ignorant. Has anybody actually had a public defender, any experiences that you can share.

S

shell007

georgersh said:
parenting 101 is not the legal issue, OK maybe that's why it said LESS THAN instead of exactly how much. ANd I am very concerned about the due process, I still don't get that the summons after just about 1 year, is due process...financially please don't ridicule her or I about having the "drug" money, just simply ignorant. Has anybody actually had a public defender, any experiences that you can share.
Look lady...You obviously CAN NOT AFFORD TO HIRE YOUR OWN ATTORNEY. Gee, I wonder why??? Anyway...your options are limited at best. Take what you can get.

georgersh

yeah I'm gonna have to, didn't realize that this site

was for the almighty whom have never been faced with charges and really are looking to judge others. Why don't I have the finances? Are you a psychic or something...

S

shell007

georgersh said:
was for the almighty whom have never been faced with charges and really are looking to judge others. Why don't I have the finances? Are you a psychic or something...
Not psychic...I know becaue YOU SAID SO!!!
we don't have the $6000 the crimminal attorney that I saw

Shay-Pari'e

georgersh said:

Umm, are you doing your daughters drugs? You stated it in your first post.

If you can't come up with 6 grand somehow, someway****************************Then I'd say your finances are not so god.

Just Blue

georgersh said:

Most of the people on this forum are not criminals...although some are...but with the rare exception, most of the druggie scum end up banned for giving bad legal advice. Fact is, most people have never faced the kind of charges your daughter is looking at...What she did is get caught with dealing weight of coke! This is a really, really bad thing. At 15 your daughter is a coke dealer...this is something you need to understand. You may want to check out her friends...she may also be in a gang.

Shay-Pari'e

baystategirl said:
Most of the people on this forum are not criminals...although some are...but with the rare exception, most of the druggie scum end up banned for giving bad legal advice. Fact is, most people have never faced the kind of charges your daughter is looking at...What she did is get caught with dealing weight of coke! This is a really, really bad thing. At 15 your daughter is a coke dealer...this is something you need to understand. You may want to check out her friends...she may also be in a gang.

It doesn't sound like this parent gets it, or cares to get it.

He/she is concerned about his angels *Due Process*. :rolleyes:

georgersh

there was no dealing, she had an amount that looked

very small in the corner of a baggy that was wet and dirty, according to the police. The summons said posession with "less than 15 grams". Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">