• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

15 year old & 20 year old.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BJ_Mental

What is the name of your state? Colorado.

Okay, so my friend is 15, she will be 16 in August so she's a few months short of being half way there.
Well this 20 year old guy has been showing an interest in her for a while now and we just kinda blew it off as nothing, right? Until today, today I got a call from this friend telling me that she gave him a handjob and let him finger her. Up until now, as far as I knew, the most they had done was making out and a bit of groping.

I realize that it's not intercourse but I was wondering if this is still statatory rape? I was also wondering if it's even statatory rape with their ages and everything because I tried to look it up and it didn't tell me about them only being 5 years apart and the minor being over 15.

What also concerns me is that since this he has lost interest in her completely, which wouldn't concern me in the least, what dose concern me about it is that he's now turned his attention to her 14 year old little sister.

So now I'm wondering what to tell her and what to do about this whole thing.
Also, will she legally get in trouble with the whole statatory rape thing? I've always thought that the minor dosen't get in any kind of legal trouble but I'm not sure.

Signed,
BJ.

Even without intercourse there is a crime sexual molestation at least. Someone should report this to both CPS and Police. Are paretns aware do they know?

BJ_Mental

Even without intercourse there is a crime sexual molestation at least. Someone should report this to both CPS and Police. Are paretns aware do they know?
She lives with her grandmother but I know for a fact that her grandmother, father and mom know nothing about this.

But this was against the law? I figured it was but I wasn't completely sure with the age thing.

Yes

Yes a crime was committed and whatever your realtionship to this person if your in a position to stop it then do so! Now I will say this and its not meant to offend I am not certain your not the perp trying to get info! If you are yes you have committed a crime and if you can stop please do so! If you are anyon e else including the victim this needs to be stopped before it goes even further and lives are destroyed. You can contact Police or CPS and not give your name.

L

LegalWithAnI

Age of consent in CO is 17. He's definantly commiting a crime.

Also your "friend" won't get into any trouble.

Just Blue

shes not the one who broke the law, he is. hes an adult who sexually assualted a child. she is not at fault whatsoever for this. the blame lies with him entirely.
For God's sake Kelly...do you ever read befor posting?? He has already been told that!

CdwJava

well the law states that if you are 4 years apart and it is consensual to both of them then its okay but once you exceed the 4 year limit then you have some problems on your hands. If they are caught by the feds or are turned in then hes in BIIIG trouble...turn the scumbag in!
Please cite the relevant Colorado state law for this claim ... if your claim for this one is based upon the same certainty that you claimed four years was the age difference in CA law, I suspect you will no be able to post the statutory authority for this four year difference rule.

- Carl

Just Blue

Please cite the relevant Colorado state law for this claim ... if your claim for this one is based upon the same certainty that you claimed four years was the age difference in CA law, I suspect you will no be able to post the statutory authority for this four year difference rule.

- Carl
It's kelly posting her stupidity again...

CdwJava

Hey! Her posts are gone!

Did she delete them, or did the Message Board fairies strike?

- Carl

Just Blue

I guess I just don't have the Kelly radar that you ladies do ... I just think it's another feeble mind.

- Carl
I am pretty certain it was her...but it doesn't matter because the advice was bad and should be removed anyway...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">