• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

15 years old charged with 3 counts of burglary. What to expect?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

username999

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I am 15 years old and I have no criminal history.

About a week ago I was charged along with 3 friends for breaking into cars. I got charged with 3 counts of burglary (felonies) and they took me to a juvenile detention center and when I was released they gave me an ankle bracelet.

When we were talking to the police, the only thing I told them was I didn't steal anything from the cars, and one of my friends admitted to doing it.

I have court on December 11, what should I expect? Should I plea not guilty even though I was with them but did not take anything?

sandyclaus

If your parents are at all concerned with what's best for you, you can expect to be grounded indefinitely, and have severe punishment at home. As far as criminally, you can still be charged as an accessory to the crime if you went along for the ride and helped them in any way.

As has been stated before, you need to be speaking with an attorney that your parents get to represent you in this matter.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You may find that you willl be sent to detention for a period of time (up to the age of 21). If anyone was injured during the commission of this crime, you could find yourself bound over to adult court. Get an attorney and say nothing to anyone but the attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">