• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

15yr old son charged with GTA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrlemon

My son has just been charged of 3 counts of felony and 1 misdemeanor of GTA. He has stolen a teacher's car over one weekend and has been arrested at school the day he came back. . He has just been suspended/expelled from the school he stole the car from and now goes to a independent school where you do the work at home. He has never been arrested before and overall I thought he was a good boy. He is about to go to court and I have just stopped taking proxyn. Is there any way I can lessen his charge? I think the charge will be 1 yr jail or probation. Oh please help

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I think what you can best do is get him a lawyer. But I really don't see how a lesser charge should be an option. Your kid stole someone's car! Why shouldn't he be punished for it?

mrlemon

o sorry i meant paxil. Well i am in a lot of stress and still cant get over what my son did. My son seems really remorse for stealing a teachers car. His already changed schools and his attitude seems a lot better. Can I use any kinds of the things I said at court? I have just broken up with my husband as well and with my stop of medication> I wanted my son to have a good life and now he is charged with felony. I just want to less up his penalty such as community service and probation. Is there any degree to what my son as a juvinelle will be charged with. Thank you

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Your use of medication won't have any impact on your son's charges. Can you use any of the things you said in court about what? What do your words have to do with your son's crime? Sweetheart - you're not making any sense.

Your son is charged with a felony because he apparently committed one.

HomeGuru

mrlemon said:
o sorry i meant paxil. Well i am in a lot of stress and still cant get over what my son did. My son seems really remorse for stealing a teachers car. His already changed schools and his attitude seems a lot better. Can I use any kinds of the things I said at court? I have just broken up with my husband as well and with my stop of medication> I wanted my son to have a good life and now he is charged with felony. I just want to less up his penalty such as community service and probation. Is there any degree to what my son as a juvinelle will be charged with. Thank you

**A: hello, you are in a little bit of denial. Snap out of it.

rmet4nzkx

Using your D/C of Paxil as the reason for lack of supervision of your son will not help him in a criminal matter, if anything it may cause you to lose custody in your impending divorce, and both parents may be responsible for restitution and for cost of his incarceration. Your son is remorseful because he got caught, not because of the crime. Of course you and your son don't want him to suffer for his deeds, but that is why society has rules that apply to all persons, including but not limited to your son. Please see your doctor re your current mental state. Get a criminal defense attorney for your son.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">