• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16 and 18 dating

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maskedromancexx

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I am 16 and am currently dating an 18 year old who will be 19 in 2 months my guardians have told me that when this summer ends he is "too old for me." I like this person a lot and i would just like to know what the laws are for dating in Indiana.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
maskedromancexx said:
What is the name of your state? Indiana

I am 16 and am currently dating an 18 year old who will be 19 in 2 months my guardians have told me that when this summer ends he is "too old for me." I like this person a lot and i would just like to know what the laws are for dating in Indiana.
The laws are that you need to listen to your guardian(s)

Zigner

maskedromancexx said:
yea well thats not happening ne time soon so until then i would like to know wut the laws are. Not God's laws cause i know them.
That is the law until you are 18.

The Occultist

Uh, you're not listening. The law states that you MUST do as your guardians dictate until you are 18. That is what the law is. You asked what the law is, that is the answer. I don't understand how this isn't getting through to you.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
maskedromancexx said:
not if i don't want it to be so i wanna know is there ne way i can get around it b4 i have to move in with a parent.
Uuuuh, yeah it is. There is a reason that your parents are not legally your guardians, so it's pretty likely that they'd have to go to court to regain custody of you. You don't just get to make the choice.

Zigner

I suspect OP is stomping her feet and putting a big pouting face on right now while yelling "it's not fair!"

AHA

Zigner said:
I suspect OP is stomping her feet and putting a big pouting face on right now while yelling "it's not fair!"
She needs to stomp her way to school and learn how to write like a human being.

lacolta_gabby30

The law in Indiana is at 16 you are allowed to date someone over the age of 18 with your legal gardians conscent. Without their conscent he could be possibly charged with sexual misconduct or stagetory rape (spell check), if the two of you are sexually involved. If I was you I would end it now because if you sneak around see him then your gardians could file a no-contact order against the two of you and it will pretty much be hell from then on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">