• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16 and 19 year olds dating in utah???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

young_poet

What is the name of your state? utah

ok im 16 and my now x boyfriend just dumped me because he is 19 and doesnt want us to get in trouble for dating...we have never had sex with each other and didnt plan on it...i am in love with him and i want him back so i was wondering could we get in trouble for dating without having a sexual relationship between us?:confused: any help would be nice thnx

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
However, it's not outside the realm of possibliity that he was using that as an excuse. At 16, you are really too young to be dating a 19 year old and he may want to find someone his own age.

Just because you want him back doesn't mean he wants to come back.

young_poet

He is really just not that into you ;)
no i dont really think that is the case because one of my best friedns is like a little sister to him and he tells her mom everything and her mom told me some of the stuff he told her and that he really liked me...he was just uncomfortable with the situation cuz my parents disapproved and we didnt want them to break us up so we went behind their backs yes i know it was wrong but we wanted to be with each other and thats the case:cool:

The Occultist

Well as SJ pointed out, there are no laws regulating minors dating, as long as you're not having sex. If your parents' stance on this issue is merely that they don't approve, then there's not really a problem. If they explicitly state that you are not allowed to date him, then you must adhere to that, else your boy toy could find a charge like Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor, or some such.

As earlier posts have said there is no law restricting the two of you dating except if parents do not approve. If that si case parents can take legal action to block such a relationship. Now your BF broke if off to avoid trouble yet had no problem when things started or at anytime before break up! Honestly he wants sex but is smart enough to know what kind of trouble he can get into. He is not in love with you its that simple. If he was and no disapproved of your realtionship he would still be with you. No I am sorry but your BF is not into you as stated. BTW all 16 year olds think they are in love so I doubt you are either. Just move and be a normal 16 year old and be thankful you didnt have sex!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">