• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16 and already moved out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mikeandjilldd

What is the name of your state? california

so, I'm writing this on behalf of my husband's cousin. she is 16 years old. her mom allowed her to move out of the house a few months ago and has no plans of forcing her to move back in. she currently lives in northern california and my husband and I live on a military base in southern california. so far, our cousin has been allowed to live where ever she chooses. however, her situation is becoming unstable and unsafe (she was living with an ex-con who recently just moved out without giving her notice). her mom isn't paying child suport or anything like that, although our cousin isn't working either, she's being supported by the people she's living with. she recently asked us if she could live with us so she would be able to finish school in a stable environment. we are more than happy to move her down and support her, but now her mom is saying that she can't move down with us. but she's allowing her to live with anyone she can find in northern california. since her mom isn't paying for her and she's not forcing her to move back into her house, can our cousin legally choose to come down and live with us without going through the courts?
we just wanna help her and are worried about her safety.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">