• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16 Male: Curfew, Paraphanalia, and Minor Consumtion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tony_Godfrey34

What is the name of your state?: Minnesota

Friday Night I snuck out of my house around midnight with 3/4 a bottle of Bacardi Razz and walked to the gas station where I was meeting my friends. Two other guys and one girl. This is where we made a mistake, the girl was driving my friends car and her and I were drinking the bottle together. Then, my friend pulled out weed and MY pipe that he was borrowing and me and the two guys smoked. The whole time we were driving around the country. Two hours later we came back into the town the girl lived in, and we noticed a cop was following us. We were pulled over when she failed to signal her turn. Everyone in the car was then asked for their driver's lisences, and I didn't have mine on me. They took the girl out and questioned her while another cop car pulled up. I was next out the car and was given a breathalizer and then put in the back seat of the cop car. The cops then searched the car where I had left my cell phone, the cop returned the phone after he read threw my text messages and he claimed that the text messages were those of a drug dealer accusing me of selling drugs. (Definalty not the truth.) THe girl was given a minor and curfew, the two guys got curfew, and I got the worst of it. I got Paraphanalia (my pipe) minor Consumtion, and a curfew ticket. I have two jobs and I have never had anything on my record. I am unsure on what court will be like, and I have no idea the punishment for my actions. Please, help me out and let me know what to expect.

-Tony Godfrey

TYRIS

Friday Night I snuck out of my house around midnight with 3/4 a bottle of Bacardi Razz and walked to the gas station where I was meeting my friends. Two other guys and one girl. This is where we made a mistake, the girl was driving my friends car and her and I were drinking the bottle together. Then, my friend pulled out weed and MY pipe that he was borrowing and me and the two guys smoked. The whole time we were driving around the country. Two hours later we came back into the town the girl lived in, and we noticed a cop was following us. We were pulled over when she failed to signal her turn. Everyone in the car was then asked for their driver's lisences, and I didn't have mine on me. They took the girl out and questioned her while another cop car pulled up. I was next out the car and was given a breathalizer and then put in the back seat of the cop car. The cops then searched the car where I had left my cell phone, the cop returned the phone after he read threw my text messages and he claimed that the text messages were those of a drug dealer accusing me of selling drugs. (Definalty not the truth.) THe girl was given a minor and curfew, the two guys got curfew, and I got the worst of it. I got Paraphanalia (my pipe) minor Consumtion, and a curfew ticket. I have two jobs and I have never had anything on my record. I am unsure on what court will be like, and I have no idea the punishment for my actions. Please, help me out and let me know what to expect.

-Tony Godfrey

-Since your a minor..your probably looking at a fine and probation if this is your first time in trouble. Quit sneaking out because once you turn 18 your record is permanant.

Tyrsi

Friday Night I snuck out of my house around midnight with 3/4 a bottle of Bacardi Razz and walked to the gas station where I was meeting my friends. Two other guys and one girl. This is where we made a mistake,..

I beg to differ. It should read more like this:

This is where we made a mistake, Friday Night I snuck out of my house...

Tony_Godfrey34

I'm sorry, but I asked for some help... I know I made a mistake and now I just want to know what the punishment could be, and what the punishment most likely will be...

The Occultist

I'm sorry, but I asked for some help... I know I made a mistake and now I just want to know what the punishment could be, and what the punishment most likely will be...
Since you never provided the statute number(s) you were charged with, we have no basis to look into what your possible sentencing would be. And, just so you know, once you post the statute numbers, most of the people here will google it to figure out the answer for you.

The Occultist

statute numbers?
Yes. If charges have been pressed, then they charged you for violating specific crimes. Which crimes you have allegedly violated are dictated by statute numbers. Laws are written using statute numbers for identification. When you... oh nevermind, just look at your citation and see if you can find some weird nonsensical numbers, alright?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">