• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16 and pregnant can she move out?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bugg5

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York
My 16 yo daughter is pregnant she she doesn't always want to follow the rules and uses being pregnant as the excuse, after a disagreement yesterday and left the house under the guise of going to get a charger she went to the baby's fathers house and she did not come home, now she is messaging us saying "we" (boys mother, boy and her) think it would be better if she moved out. What can I do legally?

FlyingRon

Report her as a runaway. Does the baby's father live alone or with his parents? How old is the father?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Legally you can march over there, get your daughter and bring her home. At 16 she lives where you say she lives, not where she says she lives. And certainly not where her boyfriend/boyfriend's mother (is alleged to claim she) says she lives. Pregnancy does not confer her any special rights. She is still a minor and if you say she comes home, then she comes home.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
My 16 yo daughter is pregnant she she doesn't always want to follow the rules and uses being pregnant as the excuse, after a disagreement yesterday and left the house under the guise of going to get a charger she went to the baby's fathers house and she did not come home, now she is messaging us saying "we" (boys mother, boy and her) think it would be better if she moved out. What can I do legally?
You go and pick her up. If she refuses (or lover boy/his Mommy hinder your exercising your parental rights), you call the cops. That'll provide some entertainment for lover boy/Mommy's neighbors.

CdwJava

My 16 yo daughter is pregnant she she doesn't always want to follow the rules
Hmm ... I wonder if that's how she ended up in this predicament in the first place??

and uses being pregnant as the excuse, after a disagreement yesterday and left the house under the guise of going to get a charger she went to the baby's fathers house and she did not come home, now she is messaging us saying "we" (boys mother, boy and her) think it would be better if she moved out. What can I do legally?
What those people might think is completely irrelevant. What YOU think is all the law will care about ... assuming, of course, you are providing for basic needs (food, shelter, that sort of thing) and not abusing her, of course).

You can go to Prince Charming's house and fetch her, and you can bring the police with you to standby while you make contact. When you get her back home, you might consider taking her phone, computer, and other amenities away from her until she learns to follow the rules.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">