• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16, threw party with alcohol

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dlavi18360

What is the name of your state: Michigan

I threw a party at my house while my dad was away and we had one of our older friends who did not attend the party buy us two 30 packs of beer with our money. At about 11:30pm, a neighbor from across the street knocked at the door and said his neighbor was on the phone with police and we should turn our music down, I kindly obliged and turned it off. Literally 1 min later there was another knock and there were 3 city police officers at my door saying they were responding to a noise complaint. I told them I was sorry and I just turned it off but then they asked if try could come in, and I said I'd prefer if they didn't. So they asked if I could bring all my friends to the doorway to talk and I said ok so I started bringing everyone upstairs then one of my friends threw up right in the doorway in front of the cop. The cop said that he was clearly intoxicated and they came into my house and saw the beer cans and gave everyone breathalyzer tests. 5 of us blew high enough to get MIP's and I got another charge for "furnishing alcohol to minors" because it was my house apparently. Got a court date in the mail, would it be better to plead guilty or not guilty? I heard If I plead guilty they can charge me with something else? This is my first time ever getting in trouble with the law. What will the consequences likely be? I know this was a long post but thanks!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I agree that a lawyer would be a good idea. You should also think about how you will pay your parents back for the retainer and any fines you are levied...

swalsh411

It is time for you to learn an expensive lesson on not breaking the law. And you might want to start practicing your mowing because it's going to take a lot of lawns to pay back your parents.

Mass_Shyster

Literally 1 min later there was another knock and there were 3 city police officers at my door saying they were responding to a noise complaint.
Opening the door was a mistake.

I told them I was sorry and I just turned it off
Talking to them was a mistake

then they asked if try could come in, and I said I'd prefer if they didn't.
You got that one right.

So they asked if I could bring all my friends to the doorway to talk and I said ok
Mistake
so I started bringing everyone upstairs
Mistake
then one of my friends threw up right in the doorway in front of the cop.
Bad luck, huh?
The cop said that he was clearly intoxicated and they came into my house and saw the beer cans and gave everyone breathalyzer tests. 5 of us blew high enough to get MIP's and I got another charge for "furnishing alcohol to minors" because it was my house apparently.
That's what happens.

Got a court date in the mail, would it be better to plead guilty or not guilty?
Never plead guilty unless an attorney advises it.
I heard If I plead guilty they can charge me with something else?
Nobody can predict the future. A local attorney may know the habits and tendencies of the prosecutor.
What will the consequences likely be?
Dunno. Talk to a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">