• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16 year old daughter dating a 22 year old.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LivVan

If my daughter is 16 and dating a 22 year old is there any charges I can pursue against the 22 year old? Age of consent in Minnesota(my state) is 16 so age of consent/statutory rape charges won't apply. Thank you.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Have you, in so many words, told your daughter and the 22 year old that they are no longer permitted to see each other?

The age of consent and the age of majority are not the same. You have EVERY right to forbid your daughter to have anything to do with him and forbid him to have any contact with her. Have you done anything towards that end?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
If my daughter is 16 and dating a 22 year old is there any charges I can pursue against the 22 year old? Age of consent in Minnesota(my state) is 16 so age of consent/statutory rape charges won't apply. Thank you.
Do you realize that you can simply say no to this situation? And before you tell me I don't understand? I have a 17yo daughter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">