• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16 year old girl, 19 year old guy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stregg

What is the name of your state? Michigan

My friend just called me and said his 16 year old girlfriend's dad is trying to get him locked up because (I assume) he found out they were having sex and her mom wants to get a restraining order against him. He told me he only did stuff with her when she was 16, and it was all consentual. He wants to know if he can be charged with anything and if she has any say in the incident, including the restraining order (I assume she doesnt'). I told him contact a lawyer asap but I'm just trying to see if I can find out anything for him at the moment (i dont think lawyers are open at 9:15 PM).

Thanks

stregg said:

My friend just called me and said his 16 year old girlfriend's dad is trying to get him locked up because (I assume) he found out they were having sex and her mom wants to get a restraining order against him. He told me he only did stuff with her when she was 16, and it was all consentual. He wants to know if he can be charged with anything and if she has any say in the incident, including the restraining order (I assume she doesnt'). I told him contact a lawyer asap but I'm just trying to see if I can find out anything for him at the moment (i dont think lawyers are open at 9:15 PM).

Thanks

My response:

Your friend had better be praying that his 16 year old little trollop's hymen is still intact. If it isn't, he's going "bye-bye."

Oh, and 16 year old girls cannot give anyone "legal consent" for anything. Oops!! I guess he didn't think about that!

IAAL

S

shell007

stregg said:

Thanks
Try this:http://www.michiganfamily.org/main-resources/articles/children_sweet%20sixteen.htm

BTY: Google is your friend! :)

S

shell007

THE PRACTICE-06 said:
My response:

Your friend had better be praying that his 16 year old little trollop's hymen is still intact. If it isn't, he's going "bye-bye."

Oh, and 16 year old girls cannot give anyone "legal consent" for anything. Oops!! I guess he didn't think about that!

IAAL
Age of consent in Michigan is "16".

stregg

shellandty said:
Age of consent in Michigan is "16".
right, that's why I figured he can't be charged with statuatory
maybe something else (delinquincy with a juvenile or something i think?), but not that

Just Blue

stregg said:
right, that's why I figured he can't be charged with statuatory
maybe something else (delinquincy with a juvenile or something i think?), but not that

Yes...there are other things he could be charged with...He also could have a Restraining Order placed on him...Try explaining that to a potential employer ..." Uhh...yeah...about the RO ...you see I wouldn't stay away from this girl ...and uhhh...well...her parents had to put a ro on me...."

stregg

baystategirl said:
Yes...there are other things he could be charged with...He also could have a Restraining Order placed on him...Try explaining that to a potential employer ..." Uhh...yeah...about the RO ...you see I wouldn't stay away from this girl ...and uhhh...well...her parents had to put a ro on me...."
I told him to just tell them he would no longer talk to her and to actually follow through with it. I told him it wasn't worth it but he's a moron so we'll see.

What could he be charged with and what would the penalties possibly be?
And is statuatory out of the question?

yeah and the RO, yeah it'd probably be tough to explain for him. I didn't know those came up in job interviews?

stregg

anyways, what could he be charged with? as far as i know they just had normal vaginal sex a few times, and that was it. he's a great guy and never beat her or drank with her or smoked or anything like that. if the age of consent is 16 i don't see what he did wrong (legally, peoples' opinions vary)

S

shell007

THE PRACTICE-09 said:
My response:

"By The Yard."

Gosh, don't you know anything?

IAAL
Must be a mental block. I type that darn thing wrong every time! :D :D

By the way...I did mean BTW

MoneyShot

stregg said:
he's a great guy and never beat her or drank with her or smoked or anything like that. if the age of consent is 16 i don't see what he did wrong (legally, peoples' opinions vary)
Wow! What a guy! He didn't beat her or *anything*? Just the kind of guy I want showing up to call on my daughter. Whether or not you see anything wrong is immaterial. It's up to a judge and her dad's ability to convince that judge that will decide. And had this been my daughter, the guy would be begging to be locked up rather than see me face to face. A RO would be the last of his problems and getting away with just that would be an easy out, so maybe he's luckier than you think, despite being a moron.

Last edited by a moderator:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
MoneyShot said:
Wow! What a guy! He didn't beat her or *anything*? Just the kind of guy I want showing up to call on my daughter. Whether or not you see anything wrong is immaterial. It's up to a judge and her dad's ability to convince that judge that will decide. And had this been my daughter, the guy would be begging to be locked up rather than see me face to face. A RO would be the last of his problems and getting away with just that would be an easy out, so maybe he's luckier than you think, despite being a moron.

QUOTE]

Based on one of her other posts, she is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">