• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16 Year Old Moved Out Living With 22 Year Old What can i do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mainerlainer

What is the name of your state Maine?

My kid is 16 years old, and moved out to live with her 22 year old boyfriend. Police can't make her come home they say she's 16 and they can't force her to come home.

She's missed so much school, and went from straight A's to barely passing. She goes a week without even going to school sometimes. She's drinking, smoking pot, having sex. She got herself on food stamps. I still have medical on her.
What can i do? Now he wants to move her almost 50 miles away from here. To be closer to his work. Is there anything i can do? Aren't i still responsible for her til she's 18 so can i make her come home?
Please help.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state Maine?

My kid is 16 years old, and moved out to live with her 22 year old boyfriend. Police can't make her come home they say she's 16 and they can't force her to come home.

She's missed so much school, and went from straight A's to barely passing. She goes a week without even going to school sometimes. She's drinking, smoking pot, having sex. She got herself on food stamps. I still have medical on her.
What can i do? Now he wants to move her almost 50 miles away from here. To be closer to his work. Is there anything i can do? Aren't i still responsible for her til she's 18 so can i make her come home?
Please help.
http://www.mainelegislature.org/legis/statutes/15/title15ch511.pdf

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">