• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16 years old, please help me. terroristic threats. =[ [My first time going to court]

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Thomas Knight

What is the name of your state? Georgia

Today the police came to my door to talk to me about a terroristic threat made on my myspace page directed towards people at my school but no written individuals. I said something along the lines of

"as for the rest of the population of the school, I would put a bullet down their throats with no remorse"

yes, very stupid of me, I wrote it 2 months ago and never got around to deleting the blog itself...and now I'm being charged with threats because someones mom reported me...Dumb mistake in the first place, but I was angry at people harassing me and picking fights with me. I know I handled it the wrong way but it's too late for regrets now...

I am 16 and this is my first time going to court, the date is July 10th, I'm really nervous and have no idea what to do..I don't want to get put in prison...or get community service. I would <i>never</i> hurt anyone like that...I was acting out of sheer anger...can someone please help me and tell me what to expect? I don't know what their going to ask me and how I'm going to defend myself when they have written and visual proof of what I said.

I'm really desperate for tips and anything in particular I could say to help get me back on a clean slate...

thank you in advance for just reading this. :[

fairisfair

surely your parents must know about this, and surely you must have an attorney.

You are best advised to consult with those people regarding your situation.

No one here is in a position to give advice to a minor regarding a charge of this magnitude.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">