• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16 yr old and 18yr old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skeetles1

What is the name of your state? Illinois

Hello I am Jason, 17 and live in Illinios, 60458. Here is my problem, I am dating a girl who is 15 years of age and her father has threatened to have me arrested for statchitory rape when I turn 18. I have not done anything with her. Her birthday is Oct 3 and Mine is Oct 24th. We have been dating around 5 months now and She will be 16 before I turn 18 and I wanted to know,

Is there any law that I could be breaking?
And is there any law that her father could have me arrested for?
What can her father use against me when I turn 18?

Also her dad has an email dated Jan 30th 2008. where I stated I want to have u next to me in bed ( nothing AT ALL sexually intended ). Can this be used against me?

I am just trying to have a relationship and her father is trying to ruin it. Please help me.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
The age of consent in Illinois is 17.

That doesn't matter. What matters is that, regardless of her age, as long as she is an unemancipated minor her parent(s) have complete authority over her and complete authority as to the people with whom she may or may not have any sort of relationship.

In other words: until she's an adult, what her father says, goes. Whether you (or she) like it or not. If you try to undermine or ignore her parents legal authority you are asking for trouble.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Oh. By the way.

"I didn't mean anything sexual when I said I wanted to have her next to me in bed."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA**************.good one.

So, what was the deal with that? You wanted to turn on your night light and do shadow puppets?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You'll need to have a relationship with someone whose father does not object. If he says no, it's no. Period. End of story. The law is NEVER going to give you the right to so much as look at her if her father objects. 100% of the control is with Dad, here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">