• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16 yr old mom leaves home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmattoon

What is the name of your state? TEXAS
My sons girlfriend, will be 17 in Dec. and the two of them have a daughter together she is contemplating running away and my son has been open and told me they want to go live with my oldest daughter so they both can raise their daughter.
My question is if she is only 16 almost 17 will the police come get her and take her to juvenille. The mother refuses to let them be together, she wants control over the grandchild, and they wont give it to her.
Please any help will be better than none.
My son has a good job, and wants to take care of both of them like a man should but doesnt want to get either of them into trouble or thier daughter taken away.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? TEXAS
My sons girlfriend, will be 17 in Dec. and the two of them have a daughter together she is contemplating running away and my son has been open and told me they want to go live with my oldest daughter so they both can raise their daughter.
My question is if she is only 16 almost 17 will the police come get her and take her to juvenille. The mother refuses to let them be together, she wants control over the grandchild, and they wont give it to her.
Please any help will be better than none.
My son has a good job, and wants to take care of both of them like a man should but doesnt want to get either of them into trouble or thier daughter taken away.
How old is the Baby? How old is your son? Has your son file for paternity and visitation? Is he paying child support?

gmattoon

My son is 18, just turned 18 my granddaughter will be 2 mths next week. No paternity, because we all know the baby is his. NO DOUBT. his name is on the birth certificate as the father and she has our last name.
As for child support, my son has bought everything that his daughter has needed. He supports her 100% even though they dont live under the same roof.

Happy Trails

The fact is, the girl is still a minor and as such her parents still have parental control over her.

She would be considered a runaway and anyone housing her could be looking at charges for doing so.

It's really an immature thing to do.

Just Blue

My son is 18, just turned 18 my granddaughter will be 2 mths next week. No paternity, because we all know the baby is his. NO DOUBT. his name is on the birth certificate as the father and she has our last name.
As for child support, my son has bought everything that his daughter has needed. He supports her 100% even though they dont live under the same roof.
Your son MAY have impregnated a 15 year old girl and the Mother to that girl is doing her best to insure that he doesn't do it again. Good for her!!

Until LEGAL paternity has been established and visitation/custody is ordered THROUGH A COURT your son has NO RIGHTS to that child. He has NO RIGHTS AT ALL TO THE MOTHER OF HIS CHILD! If the girlfriends mother doesn't want your son around her daughter that is her right as a parent.

Child support should be established also...because you assertion that he supports her 100% is garbage. He does not provide a roof over her head...maternal grandma does...he does not provide electricity for her...maternal grandma does...ect...ect...(get where I'm going with this??)

Now...As for you ...That you would even come to this forum and try to ferret out a way for a 16!! year old girl (16 in Dec. is NOT almost 17!) to run away from home suggest that you are a real lousy mother and grandmother. Shame on you for even thinking of this!!!!
If this girl runs away whoever harbors her will be subjected to legal action...Your son could end up facing charges and his chances of seeing his child unsupervised is very remote.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Why did you start a new thread on this?

( https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=369227 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">