• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16 yr. old w/ o.w.i and m.i.p.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MistyDayDream

What is the name of your state? Michigan

On saterday morning I was pulled over after a night of drinking. Me and a friend had consumed about a half of a box of wine in about a 2-3 hour time period. Anyway we had stopped drinking around 3:00 A.M., and went to sleep after that. I had to be at work at 7:00 A.M., I overslept and woke up around 7:30 A.M., it was about a 10 mile drive to my job. I got in my car and proceeded to drive to work, being ignorant, and stupid I was doing 70 in a 55 and happened to pass a state cop. Accordingly he pulled me over, and noticed a case of beer in the back seat of my car. I was unaware that that there was any alcohol in my car, a friend of mine must of replaced it in my car with out my awareness. I' am aware that ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law, and theres probably nothing I can do about that. So I was issued a breathilizer, I blew .053. After that I had to take a sobriety test. I had to sit in the cop car while the cop called my parents and then proceeded to search my car. There was nothing in the car besides the beer which he already confinscated. Then I was taken to the county jail and placed into the drunk tank until my parents arrived. After my parents arrived I had to go and take another breathalizer, my B.A.C. (Blood Alcohol Content) was recorded at .03. I was released to the custody of my parents after all of this, and sent home.
On the ticket I was charged with an O.W.I (Operating while impaired), Minor in consumption of alcohol, and Speeding 70/55. Prior to all of this I have never been in troble with the law. I have had one driving violation for driving past curfew, and my license was suspended for 3 months, and I received 2 points.
Since I am only 16, I' am wondering if the consequences will be more harsh, then a 17 year old, or older persons. I only ask this because, the police officer yold me that if I was 17, I probaly would have sat a minimum of 10 days in jail. I would also like to know if there is any chance if the lesser charges could be dropped.

weenor

MistyDayDream said:
Prior to all of this I have never been in troble with the law.

Well then you've made a GRAND start.

I have had one driving violation for driving past curfew, and my license was suspended for 3 months, and I received 2 points.

Sounds like somebody needs to lose his license again.

Since I am only 16, I' am wondering if the consequences will be more harsh, then a 17 year old, or older persons. I only ask this because, the police officer yold me that if I was 17, I probaly would have sat a minimum of 10 days in jail. I would also like to know if there is any chance if the lesser charges could be dropped.
We have no way of knowing this without knowing the DA or the judge. If nothing else, you will not be driving for quite a while.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">