• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16yo caught trespassing and fled on foot but was caught by an officer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scipio817

This happened in NJ.

I was just wondering what charges could potentially be filed against him when he talks to the juvenile detective. in addition to trespassing since he fled on foot and had to be tackled by an officer.

Also what are the consequences for any charges (including trespassing) that may be filed against him?

Thank you.

scipio817

This happened to my little brother last night though. So unless there's a forum rule that I missed (there very well may be) having it in third person makes more sense no?

justalayman

Also what are the consequences for any charges (including trespassing) that may be filed against him?
it is nearly impossible to suggest how a juvenile will be dealt with. Most states have diversion programs and other means to punish a child that are not available to an adult.

in addition to the trespassing, fleeing and eluding would be a reasonable charge as well. Resisting arrest would be a possibility as well. If he touched the office in any way while resisting, assault upon an officer is possible. If the officer was injured either while in pursuit or while attempting to secure your brother, there are additional charges that are possible.

If he was in the process of committing some other crime, that could be charged as well.

Basically, you are just going to have to wait to see what happens.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Why is he going to talk to a detective? He needs to get an attorney and NOT talk to the detective.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Has he told your parents yet?

I would imagine there may be a civil case filed by the owners of the property, if any damages ensued.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">