• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16yr old/probation and child custody/HELP!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

s686786

What is the name of your state? California

My almost 16yr old son has been arrested/cited for a second time in less than 2 years, this time for breaking curfew and possession of a knife. His case is being referred to the juvenile probation dept. His father and I have joint physical and legal custody, with primary residence to his father.

The current order came about after his father assaulted me in front of my son and his stepson. His father pleaded no contest to the charges, but the minor's counsel report was skewed in favor of his father..... I do not know why. I was portrayed very unfavorably, and in addition to witnessing my son's decline and growing resentment toward his father and other authority figures, I have to pay child support to the 2 income family that was supposed to have provided a more stable environment than that of a single mother.

I want to modify the current order to return primary residence to me (I live appr. 40 miles away). I have documentation of his father admitting not only that he would not replace my son's lost house key (hence denying him access to his own home) but why he felt it was okay, as well as school records reflecting social and academic declines, and his father's disclosure that his wife (my son's stepmother) takes a medication every evening that makes it unsafe for her to drive, a contributing factor to his last arrest.

I am not in a position to afford an attorney. My son wants to return to my primary care and has since before the assault. I do not want him to fall through the cracks of the juvenile justice system, especially in this particular county.What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">