• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17 and being mentally abused.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomas17

I'm 17 and im being mentally abused and being threated to be kicked out, which is a good thing for me but the only bad thing is i'm not exactly able to pay for my own way.

Is the law on my side or can be kicked out before i turn 18? Im in new mexico by the way.

Let me just give you a little background of my life, i was raised on a reservation and my dad is white and my mom is native american and i was raised in a house where my dad and mom would always drink and fight, and my dad use to beat my mom. Hes an old vietnam vet and he has problems with anger.

Recently we moved to Albuquerque and they have both stopped drinking and he no longer abuses my mom (i would have to fight him if he touched her). Hes fat, overweight and is a complete ignorant scum. He sits on his ass all day, he doesn't work and he tells me to work on something everyday which is fine but he verbally abuses the family, he will blame every problem on someone else. Hes the lazyest person you will ever meet. I work on the yard at least once a day doing ridiciolous tasks that most of the time is caused by his doing. And he will sit on the couch all day eating and tell me to do things or he will kick me out.

Hes very smart person but hes someone nobody could live with, hes dirty he blames everyone for his problems and he takes tons of different medications. Basically hes a mental nut on the verge of a breakdown. he always threatens to sell the house and leave us all or if something isnt done right he throws verbal phrases out and puts everyone down. (is there a law against verbal abuse to children under 18?) well today he really pissed me off...

He wanted to put a fan light in my room which i din't want but i din't say anything because i know how he is and he would basically say that he doesn't care what i think. So he goes in my room and starts throwing things around asking me where the fan light box is and i tell him i don't know and that my mom probably put it away somewhere, then he starts yelling calling me lazy *******, no good for nothing etc. and tells me to get up and look for it. i quietly told him that i din't want anything to do with it and i don't even need a fan light in my room then he gets pissed off and starts yelling at me telling me im disrespecting him and to pack my things and get out or start looking for it.

thats basically a daily occurence for me. I dont mind at all that i have to do yard work w/e every day or so but the things i do doesn't seem normal for kids my age, i have to dig holes or dig around a tree and cut it down. And hes on oxygen from smoking most of his life and is on veteran disability and when ever i ask him to do something like help me at least he tells me he doesn't have to do anything and i have to do all the work. Today i was thinking about going in his room and grabbing his gun and shooting him...

thankfully i thought about life out of this house and thats where im here asking you people. Is there anything i can do to get away or be put in a home where i can just get away? I don't want to go live with other family because there out on the reservation and its horrible out there. If i go live there ill end up being a nobody who drinks all day. so can he really kick me out or is he liable for me till i turn 18? In 2 months im planning on moving out with a bunch of friends which is like a life saver for me. but right now if i get kicked out theres no way i can afford to do those things. Right now im working on the internet in the web design buisness and such and trying to make a living off doing it. but if i get kicked out all my hopes and dreams of starting a web business will end because nobody else really has the internet or computer i can use. i would be stuck working manual labor for the rest of my life and i don't want that path. is there anything i can do?

CJane

You thought about killing your father because he told you to get up and look for something? Seriously?

I have an idea. Call the police and tell them you're thinking about killing your father. They'll get you out of your 'situation' in a heart beat.

tomas17

i don't know if you understood what i wrote, its kind of a you had to be there kind of things. if you met this guy you would want to kill him to. What i ment was..thats all i do. Is work for him, day after day he wants me either to cut down some tree that takes hours or pull every weed out of the front yard for hours on end. then after i'm done he wants me to do something else. its on going crap and he just sits in front of the TV.Its not like i don't mind doing choirs but he doesn't do ****, he might as well lay in bed for the rest of his life. My mother is tired of him, nobody in his family can deal with him beccause the way he is. even my friends think its like slave work.

Still, thats besides the fact thats just the tip of the iceberg, the fact that he verbally abuses everyone in the family for example "you @#$$in dumb b1tch, dont touch my stuff". just **** like that everyday... i guess it would be hard for you guys to understand because you were raised in a perfect family :rolleyes: .

anyway mabe i came to the wrong place to ask about what the law can do for me.

tomas17

this guy is basically a control freak, he has my moms bank account connected to his, he takes money out of her accoutn every month for "rent" even though they are together..... If you walked up to him and disagreed with one thing he said he would punch you in the face. literally, he has gotten into so many fights when he was drunk as a kid i can't even count. we were surrounded by fighting and domestic abuse growing up you think thats normal ****? I'm probably ****ed up in the head hell why do you even think i even thought about killing him? most people woudl just run away or something.

CJane

I gave you your out.

And frankly, you're showing everyone here that you're a pissed off kid who is in no way capable of providing for himself - so you can't be emancipated. If you really think that killing your father is an option, you need help we can't provide for you here. And if you DON'T really think that, but are willing to post about it on the internet as if you're talking about going out for a burger, then you need help that we can't provide for you here.

Last edited by a moderator:
The age of majority in New Mexico is 18.

You answered your question in your orriginal post.

Right now im working on the internet in the web design buisness and such and trying to make a living off doing it. but if i get kicked out all my hopes and dreams of starting a web business will end because nobody else really has the internet or computer i can use.
Basically....If you have these high hopes...Then you need to deal with all of your percieved unjustices until your birthday. The fact that you even have thoughts of killing your own father denotes the need for you to have some serious counseling.

Believe it or not...Some of us here also grew up with alot of drama that was not needed in our homes...drama compared to yours or worse. At least in my case, the thought of killing a parent never came to mind.

And just a curiosity...You stated:

And hes on oxygen from smoking most of his life and is on veteran disability
What is the nature of his 'veteran' disability?

tomas17

his veteran disability is just that he doesn't want to work or claims he cannot work yet he works every now and then to get extra money.

i was also beatin as a child, not normal spankings, i was hit on the head yelled at and every time i did something wrong i was punched or beat with some object almost on a daily basis. Its not my fault i have problems. if you beat a dog long enough eventually hes gonna bite back. i cannot be blamed for the way i think or am because i did not sculpt myself, And yes i know i probably need help with counciling but im sorry i dont live off mommys credit cards. i don't have that kind of money and my parents would feel insulted if i asked to get theropy because of them and just disown me.

smutlydog

I was also raised by a verbally abusive alcoholic. As I did, you probably have a lot of irrational thoughts and feelings going through your head. Your father is asserting power over you as a way to compensate for his short comings. Keep in mind it is your interpretation of what your father does and says that is causing you duress. Our thoughts influence our feelings and behaviors so the trick is to stop allowing your father to manipulate your thoughts. This only happens because you allow it to. Don’t allow yourself to internalize negative information.

Read through the links on this page.

http://www.habitsmart.com/cogtitle.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">