• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17 Dating a 15 year old Minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bgriffin125

I'm 17 years old, gay, so I have had trouble finding someone, upon starting this new school year, amongst my freshman friends of which I had know for years now, was a guy that I soon developed a major crush on and later I found he felt the same way. So I asked him out and we've been dating for about a month. We both knew about age stand stuff so we weren't stupid enough to do anything consensual, the most we've done is kissed. Upon the parents finding out, they forbade us from dating and my parents are saying that I could be arrested and jailed for lewd actions with a minor. Is this true, he broke up with me cuz he doesn't want me to get into trouble. We're okay with waiting a few years, but is there any truth to any of this!

This is in Georgia by the way.

Last edited:

FlyingRon

You're going to have to indicate what state you are in.

"Dating" someone isn't restricted by law. Sexual activity is. Kissing (even between same-sex couples) does not meet the standard of "lewd conduct" in any state I am familiar with.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
However, you are both minors, which means that if Mom and Dad say no, it's no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">