• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17 and dating a 19 yr. old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Keisha Clayton

What is the name of your state? Ohio
Hi I am 17 and my boyfriend is 19 and he will be 20 in july. We are not together officialy because we dont know if it is okay for us to date. I wnat us to be together but he thinks we should just wiat till next year when I turn 18. What should we do. Oh yeah my mother likes him and he has a job and his own place and is very respectful.

Even if you are age of consent (look up your states laws) your parents can request a protective order which would bar him from seeing you. I happen to agree with Alan if your asking I think you know answer and its not a good idea

fairisfair

What is the name of your state? Ohio
Hi I am 17 and my boyfriend is 19 and he will be 20 in july. We are not together officialy because we dont know if it is okay for us to date. I wnat us to be together but he thinks we should just wiat till next year when I turn 18. What should we do. Oh yeah my mother likes him and he has a job and his own place and is very respectful.
To whom? All the SIXTEEN year olds?:rolleyes:

L

LegalWithAnI

Age on Consent in Ohio is 16; so as long as your mom says you can't date him its legal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">