• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17 in foster care

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deftones123

What is the name of your state?texas

My girlfriend is 17 and in foster care she is considered a runaway...but she is still in the system because she talks to her case worker and she checks up on her....what i was wanting to know is what kind of trouble could i get into picking her up on the weekend and bringing her back???? thanks for any help its just a wierd situation and i need to know how much trouble im going to get into lol

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
deftones123 said:
What is the name of your state?texas

My girlfriend is 17 and in foster care she is considered a runaway...but she is still in the system because she talks to her case worker and she checks up on her....what i was wanting to know is what kind of trouble could i get into picking her up on the weekend and bringing her back???? thanks for any help its just a wierd situation and i need to know how much trouble im going to get into lol
No LOL's about it, dude - you'd be in a world of hurt. But go ahead and give it a shot.

Wolflmg

Harboring a runaway. Now if its alright and fine with her caretakers that you take her out for like a date, (couple of hours). Then it's all good and fine. But if you just take her and not tell her caretakers, even if your girlfriend concents to you taking her. You can still get into big trouble, do the words kidnapping mean anything to you? But hey if you don't have a problem with your butt ending up in jail, go ahead and see what happens when you take her without telling anyone.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
And it's unlikely, if her foster parents would like to remain foster parents, that they would allow you (at 21) to take a minor anywhere for more than a couple of hours.

deftones123

and i think her case worker is lying to her..she says that her sister cant adopt her because you have to be living in the house for 6 months before you can be adopted.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Why don't you ask her caseworker what sort of trouble you'd get in if you were to do as you propose?

Wolflmg

deftones123 said:
she isnt living at a foster home she is living at her sisters house does that change anything??
No, because if her sister is in charge of her. You would have to go through her and get her permission before taking her sister anywhere. Now if she is not responsible for her and the caseworker is, the same would apply.

Until your girlfriend becomes an adult she still is a minor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">