• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17, Living alone.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tigrefacile

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I'm 17. Will be 18 in October. I have a full ride to a school in Ohio. If I withdraw from my high school, I void the full ride.

My mother and her boyfreind recently seperated due to domestic violence.
She wants to move to FL to live with my grandparents. She also wants me to go.

Every time she breaks up with a boyfreind or husband, she moves. In total 12 times. I've lived everywhere.

She did this same thing to my sister. Moved her from New York to Ohio, and then kicked my sister out. She had to get back to New York and live on 2,300 dollars. It's been 6 years and they still refuse to talk.

I know I'm a teenager, and I'm going thro a 'phase' wanting my freedom.

But, my mother is not a mother and has not been since I was 6. I've lived basically alone, due to the nurmous jobs she workd and time she spent out. I've delt with her slew of disrespectful, abusive boyfreinds. I'm done with her.

She is my mother and I love her, but I will not let her ruin college for me. I have to pay for it, so this is my only chance.

Every time I ask my mother about staying we get in a fight and she calls me selfish and tells my opinion does not matter.

Here is the thing, I honestly believe the only reason she wants me in FL is for the child supprot money. She gets A LOT from my father.

In Ohio, if i had a place to live, a job, good grades and so on, would I be able to live alone? My father would use the child supprot to go to me to pay rent and so fourth until my birthday. After I was done with HS, when his child support stops, I'd be on my own.

ceara19

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I'm 17. Will be 18 in October. I have a full ride to a school in Ohio. If I withdraw from my high school, I void the full ride.

My mother and her boyfreind recently seperated due to domestic violence.
She wants to move to FL to live with my grandparents. She also wants me to go.

Every time she breaks up with a boyfreind or husband, she moves. In total 12 times. I've lived everywhere.

She did this same thing to my sister. Moved her from New York to Ohio, and then kicked my sister out. She had to get back to New York and live on 2,300 dollars. It's been 6 years and they still refuse to talk.

I know I'm a teenager, and I'm going thro a 'phase' wanting my freedom.

But, my mother is not a mother and has not been since I was 6. I've lived basically alone, due to the nurmous jobs she workd and time she spent out. I've delt with her slew of disrespectful, abusive boyfreinds. I'm done with her.

She is my mother and I love her, but I will not let her ruin college for me. I have to pay for it, so this is my only chance.

Every time I ask my mother about staying we get in a fight and she calls me selfish and tells my opinion does not matter.

Here is the thing, I honestly believe the only reason she wants me in FL is for the child supprot money. She gets A LOT from my father.

In Ohio, if i had a place to live, a job, good grades and so on, would I be able to live alone? My father would use the child supprot to go to me to pay rent and so fourth until my birthday. After I was done with HS, when his child support stops, I'd be on my own.
The problem is, emancipation usually requires one to be SELF supporting. Where does your dad live?

xylene

I have a full ride to a school in Ohio. If I withdraw from my high school, I void the full ride.
Have you candidly discussed the situation with the agency granting your scholarship?

Do you have a guidance conselor you can trust with whom to discuss the abuse you are experiencing?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">