• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17 y/o michigan, 18 y/o wisconsin consent laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DogLover46

The age of consent in Michigan is 16, the age of consent in Wisconsin is 18. 2 individuals are in a relationship with each other in those two states. even though both individuals are over the age of consent in both of there respective states, does this change because state boundaries are crossed? And does the state where the potential 'act' is committed matter?
I'm not able to find much information on this,
I've heard its legal and illegal from different sources.
Any answers would be appreciated, thankyou!

CdwJava

If they go to Wisconsin, it would be a crime to engage in sexual relations. If they go to Michigan to have sex, then you might want to Google "Mann Act." While it may not be an issue, it is a possibility. And, if the minor is encouraged in some way to disobey their parents or to engage in an unlawful act, then all sorts of additional and interesting charges can be tossed into the lap of the adult.

Just Blue

The age of consent in Michigan is 16, the age of consent in Wisconsin is 18. 2 individuals are in a relationship with each other in those two states. even though both individuals are over the age of consent in both of there respective states, does this change because state boundaries are crossed? And does the state where the potential 'act' is committed matter?
I'm not able to find much information on this,
I've heard its legal and illegal from different sources.
Any answers would be appreciated, thankyou!
sigh...

If you even need to ask this question then you should not engage sexually with anyone.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Here's a novel idea.

What about waiting until everyone is old enough in every state? Then no one would have to worry about any legalities or consent laws.

CdwJava

Here's a novel idea.

What about waiting until everyone is old enough in every state? Then no one would have to worry about any legalities or consent laws.
Huh? Common sense, maturity, and old fashioned self control to avoid succumbing to baser instincts that invariably lead to trouble? Pshaw! :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">