• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17 year cited for misdemeanor larceny

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

samuelsl74

North Carolina
my 17 year old son and his friend were stopped for shoplifting in the mall and after being questioned by the security and police they said my son was not being corporative with them and cited my son only, the other person lied about their age at first and then later they found out she was only 15. So they only made her pay for the merchandise, I was wonder since we do not have the the full amount his lawyer requires, should he go to court alone and get it continued as adviced by his lawyer. Or should I find other counsel for him.

BL

If you can't pay for one Lawyer , maybe you can hire one on a sliding scale fee .

I wouldn't hurt to ask for a continuance , but if it's his first offense , he may get off with restitution , a fine , conditional discharge , or probation . He should show some remorse and ask for mercy .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">