• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17 year old with 20 year old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bamafan09

I am a 17 year old girl and live in the state of Alabama. I am secretly with my boyfriend who is 20 years old. I know the age for legal consent in Alabama is 16, yet I'm still worried. My question is, if my mom found out about us, would there be any possible way he could be in trouble, with the law?

Your mother is still legally responsible for you until you reach the age of 18. What is a 20 year old doing with a 17 year old anyways? I bet he is a real winner too. Move on sweetheart and don't muck up your life at such a young age. Your parents only have your best interests at heart.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I am a 17 year old girl and live in the state of Alabama. I am secretly with my boyfriend who is 20 years old. I know the age for legal consent in Alabama is 16, yet I'm still worried. My question is, if my mom found out about us, would there be any possible way he could be in trouble, with the law?
Yes. Mom could get a restraining order against him or file a complaint for contributing to the delinquency of a minor due to the fact that you are a minor and he is an adult. If she tells you to stay away from him, then there are issues if you are with him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">