• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17 year old in car crash.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crashed

17 year old (no permit, no license) borrows friends car and picks up sister and friend at school. On the way home turns corner goes over median hits 2 vehicles waiting for light on other side of road and then hits a concrete pole. Car she is driving totaled, car 1 she hit totaled, car 3 front end smashed.
1) Do I call me insurance company?
2) Do I call back the other insurance companies?
3) Do I wait until we go to court next week and get accident report?

seniorjudge

crashed said:
17 year old (no permit, no license) borrows friends car and picks up sister and friend at school. On the way home turns corner goes over median hits 2 vehicles waiting for light on other side of road and then hits a concrete pole. Car she is driving totaled, car 1 she hit totaled, car 3 front end smashed.
Call the cops and your insurance company.

Neal1421

crashed said:
1. If she wasn't licensed then she probably wasn't on your insurance. No need to call them.
2. Yes call them back. Why wouldn't you, you are responsible for your daughters action?
3.You can go to the police office and get the accident report now to prepare for the court hearing.

crashed

The police called me the day it happened 2/1/2006 they had taken my daughter to the hospital via ambulance. The police woman came to my home that evening and dropped off the tickets and explained everything. I just do not know what to do now other than taking my kids to the doctor, waiting for the police report to be done, taking care of the friend whos car she wrecked taking him to work, getting him a new car etc. I is the other stuff i am worried about. I have called 3 lawyers waiting for call back our court date is 2/15/2006. I don't know if I should call my insurance because she is not on it. The boy had pip insurance and the are paying for damage to the other 2 cars but nothing for him. He just got the insurance 6 days before the accident they cover up to 10,000 damage

BL

The Friend should take some responsibility , Because , the Friend should have verified license , and even more damaging is IF the Friend knew the borrower didn't have a license .

Ck it out and deal accordingly .

Teenagers ... That's why the laws for them are getting tougher .

I wouldn't worry about the other kid. Let his insurance take care of everything on his end. He can take the bus to work. You should be concentrating on your kid and seeking an attorney for the court date... depending on the charges.

I also would not be licensing that particular driver while she is under my roof... or your insurance costs will go through same.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">