• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17 year old dating a 20 year old!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

imsoconfused

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I'm a 17 year old girl and my boyfriend is a 20 year old male. Is it legal for us to be together? I don't mean be together in a sexual way. He is going to be turning 21 in May and I will be turning 18 in august. I really like him and I don't want him to get in trouble, so can someone help me??

Last edited:

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? pennsylvania

im a 17 year old girl and my boyfriend is 20, i want to know if its legal or not. hes going to be 21 in may and i will be 18 im august. i really like him and i dont want him to get in trouble so can someone help me??
If what is legal or not? Is there an actual question? A complete sentence?

Silverplum

I wouldn't know what to guess, since the poster is incapable of writing sentences that convey meaning. :rolleyes:

Perhaps she should spend more time at school, less time fooling with her bf. ;)

TinkerBelleLuvr

I have noticed that grammar and proper English has gone out the window in these days of texting. Punctuation and spelling has gone on it's merry way too.

I guess I should have the authorities called on me since I require my children to use proper English! :D This mom's required children to rewrite papers after mom's attacked paper with red pen:eek:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I have noticed that grammar and proper English has gone out the window in these days of texting. Punctuation and spelling has gone on it's merry way too.

I guess I should have the authorities called on me since I require my children to use proper English! :D This mom's required children to rewrite papers after mom's attacked paper with red pen:eek:
Good for you, Ginny -

I've had teachers compliment the perfection of papers my daughter has written, only to be able to spot several errors on the first page alone...

It's a sad state of affairs.

Silverplum

It also seems that students do not know how to research, either.

HOW many times (weekly) is this very same q asked? :rolleyes:

Just Blue

They will have to arrest me after you then...I am BRUTAL about decent English in my home...You don't have to be PERFECT but trailer talk is banned!!

I was reading at another site where a member advised another to solve her issue with mom by sitting down and "conversate"...:eek::eek::mad::(

BTW: This is KellyTroll...

TinkerBelleLuvr

I was reading at another site where a member advised another to solve her issue with mom by sitting down and "conversate"...
I needed a good laugh today!

My children were very conversational at a very early age (for all those people who wish their babies would talk - it's NOT necessarily a blessing.) I always attributed that to my never babytalking them and reading tons of books to them. Story time was always my favorite time in the evenings. I'd read in the living room and would notice that the older children always found a reason to hover nearby. Alright ... I'm downright amusing and animated.

The children always had to say "yes" - never a "yeah", etc. I know - mean mom. Guess that's why I don't think a 10yo should have a cell phone! :eek:

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I'm a 17 year old girl and my boyfriend is a 20 year old male. Is it legal for us to be together? I don't mean be together in a sexual way. He is going to be turning 21 in May and I will be turning 18 in august. I really like him and I don't want him to get in trouble, so can someone help me??
Oh! Not "in a sexual way." Oh.

Well, that'd be up to your parents.

Just Blue

I needed a good laugh today!

My children were very conversational at a very early age (for all those people who wish their babies would talk - it's NOT necessarily a blessing.) I always attributed that to my never babytalking them and reading tons of books to them. Story time was always my favorite time in the evenings. I'd read in the living room and would notice that the older children always found a reason to hover nearby. Alright ... I'm downright amusing and animated.

The children always had to say "yes" - never a "yeah", etc. I know - mean mom. Guess that's why I don't think a 10yo should have a cell phone! :eek:
Sounds like my eldest ...She was talking in sentences by 10 months. Was speaking better than most 7 year olds by 3, could also read at a 3rd grade level and do 2nd grade math. My little one had ASD and has only been really talking for about 16 months...But she has excellent grammar and just amazes her teachers ...Although she came home from school yesterday, ran to the door, opened it and said to me " Come on in Dawg..."...My jaw dropped to the sidewalk!:D

imsoconfused

Please stop correcting my grammar. That is not why I posted this thread. I've been looking for answers for the past three days and can't seem to find a website that will provide them, that is the reason I came on here.

Silverplum

Sounds like my eldest ...She was talking in sentences by 10 months. Was speaking better than most 7 year olds by 3, could also read at a 3rd grade level and do 2nd grade math. My little one had ASD and has only been really talking for about 16 months...But she has excellent grammar and just amazes her teachers ...Although she came home from school yesterday, ran to the door, opened it and said to me " Come on in Dawg..."...My jaw dropped to the sidewalk!:D
LOL!!! :D :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">