• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17 year old got kicked out and has been with me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Justaparent74

My son's girlfriend got kicked out about 6 months ago and has been with us ever since we want to move out of state and she wants to go. Her mom and step dad said once she leaves she's not allowed back and she does not want to go back there her dad is not in a good place and is not able to take care of her so my family and I have been taking care of her including doctor appointments school everything. Her mom and step dad know she is with us but we don't get along at all and they're not trying to make her move back. So what can we do because we all want to move including her.

justalayman

Either get permission from her parents or don't take her. There are various crimes that could come into play if you do anything without permission from her parents.

Eekamouse

My son's girlfriend got kicked out about 6 months ago and has been with us ever since we want to move out of state and she wants to go. Her mom and step dad said once she leaves she's not allowed back and she does not want to go back there her dad is not in a good place and is not able to take care of her so my family and I have been taking care of her including doctor appointments school everything. Her mom and step dad know she is with us but we don't get along at all and they're not trying to make her move back. So what can we do because we all want to move including her.
Why did her parents kick her out of their house? Have you talked to them or are you going off what a couple of teenagers have told you about the situation?

Proserpina

You're happy letting your son and this teenage girl live together under the same roof?

And which US state are you talking about?

Justaparent74

To answer all your questions....

Her mother is a heroin addict who married into my family I know she kicked her out because I was around... Her father is a first class junkie who her mother sent her to live with who had over dosed 3 times and got kicked out of where he was staying the girl has no place to go so yes I'm ok with her staying here under my roof where she's well provided for and with my son. She's been apart of my family for 2 years now her mother knows she's with me and told her when they kicked her out "you're not coming back" she does not and will not go back. Its a dad situation I've been in myself when I was her age. I refuse to speak with her mother because she has no sense her daughter was in the hospital 3 times due to asthma and she never once went to see her or call to check on her. If you ask me she doesn't deserve to have her.

LdiJ

Her mother is a heroin addict who married into my family I know she kicked her out because I was around... Her father is a first class junkie who her mother sent her to live with who had over dosed 3 times and got kicked out of where he was staying the girl has no place to go so yes I'm ok with her staying here under my roof where she's well provided for and with my son. She's been apart of my family for 2 years now her mother knows she's with me and told her when they kicked her out "you're not coming back" she does not and will not go back. Its a dad situation I've been in myself when I was her age. I refuse to speak with her mother because she has no sense her daughter was in the hospital 3 times due to asthma and she never once went to see her or call to check on her. If you ask me she doesn't deserve to have her.
You cannot refuse to talk to her mother (or father for that matter) if you want to move her out of state with you. You absolutely positively need their permission to do so or you will be committing serious crimes.

Your only other option would be to wait until she turns 18 to move.

justalayman

If the parents never say anything there won't be a problem. If either parent says anything you could find yourself in jail. It's your choice.

FarmerJ

Have you wondered if you were able to get the biological father to give you written consent for his daughter to stay with you if that might work?(consider using the links above to speak with a Attorney to see if that could work )

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">