• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17 year old from illinois moving to missouri

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kollynspringer

I am 17 and currently live in illinois. i'm planning to move to missouri, and am wondering if I can move without parental consent. i know that in illinois you must be 18 to move out without consent, and in missouri you are supposed to be 18, but there's not much that can be done if a child leaves at 17.

mommyof4

Just wait the 3 months. Really. You've held out this long. Use the 3 months to save a little bit more money (if you have saved any at all) and get everything in order. You are governed by YOUR state laws. That means that Illinois law applies.

CJane

And, if you're planning to move in order to be with someone who IS 18 or over (and who told you that you can legally live apart from your parents at 17 in Missouri), then you need to seriously consider the legal ramifications of being 'enticed' across state lines when you're a minor and your ... 'lover' is not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">