• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17 year old runaway/move out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Deadlyinheels

What is the name of your state? Louisiana. Hello, I am a 17 year old female living in Shreveport Louisiana and I need help. My mother has been pyshically abusive as well as emotionally and verbally. My father tried once before to help me but he passed away 10 months ago and although my mothers physical abuse has ceased the emotional/verbal abuse has become unbearable and it has come to the point where I am depressed and can't stand to be here another minute.

My mother is aware of how I feel but she's still cruel . She tells me things like its my fault my father is dead which is incredibly hard to deal with. She also got her ex con uncle to abuse me pyshically and i have photos of the bruises; she also has marijuana in the household which is illegal here, and i dont want to be around it. My aunt wants to get custody of me ,but she's in Texas at the moment.

I can't wait another year until I'm 18 to leave I just can't take the pain anymore and my boyfriend's parents are okay with me staying there until my aunt can get custody , but my mom threatens to call the cops and have them pick me up and sent to a juvenile delinquent jail, which I don't want to happen for obvious reasons such as I'm serious about my school work and I don't want a criminal record.

I heard that in some states a 17 year old can't be picked up by police and punished for running away as they no longer process them when the child is of that age. I wanted to know if the laws are the same , here in Louisiana. Thank you .

quincy

What is the name of your state? Louisiana. Hello, I am a 17 year old female living in Shreveport Louisiana and I need help. My mother has been pyshically abusive as well as emotionally and verbally. My father tried once before to help me but he passed away 10 months ago and although my mothers physical abuse has ceased the emotional/verbal abuse has become unbearable and it has come to the point where I am depressed and can't stand to be here another minute.

My mother is aware of how I feel but she's still cruel . She tells me things like its my fault my father is dead which is incredibly hard to deal with. She also got her ex con uncle to abuse me pyshically and i have photos of the bruises; she also has marijuana in the household which is illegal here, and i dont want to be around it. My aunt wants to get custody of me ,but she's in Texas at the moment.

I can't wait another year until I'm 18 to leave I just can't take the pain anymore and my boyfriend's parents are okay with me staying there until my aunt can get custody , but my mom threatens to call the cops and have them pick me up and sent to a juvenile delinquent jail, which I don't want to happen for obvious reasons such as I'm serious about my school work and I don't want a criminal record.

I heard that in some states a 17 year old can't be picked up by police and punished for running away as they no longer process them when the child is of that age. I wanted to know if the laws are the same , here in Louisiana. Thank you .
Please do not start numerous threads, Deadlyinheels. Post all of your related questions to the thread you started in Child Custody. Thanks. https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-custody-visitation-37/custody-17-year-old-mother-aunt-600639.html

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">