• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17 year old tried as an adult

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1tlewis2

What is the name of your state?Virginia
My brother was arrested after a fist fight he and five other boys were involved in. However, only two were arrested. When we were in court, my brother was charged with malicious wounding, because the officer said he hit a guy in the head with a glass bottle. A witness said it was not my brother. A police officer told him he could receive twenty-five years to life if he did not take the plea bargain. The plea bargain was three to six years. However, when we left court, my brother was not returned to Juvenile Detention. He was put in the city jail. Is there something wrong with this. Also, my brother was abused in the Detention Center by four of the officers. My brother was pronounced mentally retarded. We fear for my brother's safety. Is there anything we can do about this?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">