• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17 yo and 26 yo ex convict

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jla324

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT

My stepdaughter is 17 and dating a 26 year old ex con. Yes, we are addressing the issue as her parents and are working with a counselor, family, friends etc. but ... I was curious if there were any actual laws against this.

I know that she's above the age of consent but beyond having him arrested for tresspassing if he's in my house or on my property without my permission, I don't know that there's much I can do to get him legally away from my kid!

He's on probation and we've toyed with the idea of contacting his probation officer but we don't know if we have any legal means to do so.

Just trying to get all our ducks in a row before we take any actions. We don't want things to blow up in our faces.

Thank you for your input!!

CSO286

Absolutely contact his PO.

It can become a term of probation to stay away from the child.

If Mom were to file a RO, and he violated it, he'd be violating the "remain law-abiding" conditon of probation.

I'd do it--and with a song in my heart.

;):D

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Absolutely contact his PO.

It can become a term of probation to stay away fron your daughter.

If you were to file a RO, and he violated it, he'd be violating the "remain law-abiding" conditon of probation.

I'd do it--and with a song in my heart.

;):D
The stepparent can't file an RO. Only the actual mother or father could do that.

jla324

Not a problem. Her Dad is crushed over this. He was the one who suggested we do something legal. Thank you all for your input!

jla324

Parole!

We found out today he's on parole and living in a half way house! LOVELY!!
He gets "off" in June.

We still haven't called for fear of retaliation by him and my stepdaughter. I'm so stressed out over this!!!!!!!!

Just Blue

We found out today he's on parole and living in a half way house! LOVELY!!
He gets "off" in June.

We still haven't called for fear of retaliation by him and my stepdaughter. I'm so stressed out over this!!!!!!!!
Why isn't the Mother stressed out enough to post her concerns?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">