• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17 yr old girl wants to leave home- TX

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

systemdude20

What is the name of your state? TX

ok I was wondering if my 17 yr old girlfriend who lives in TX would be able to leave her house and come live with me in california without her parents being able to take her back, or pressing charges on me or anything of that sort. I am also 17 and my step dad and I would be willing to pick her up. Would he get in problems? my family is willing to support both of us and have her living with us, they are willing to take responsibility over her. I heard that in TX you can move out at 17 or something like that. But im wondering if this is possible since she'll be moving from Texas to Cali. I'd like to know asap, thank you.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
systemdude20 said:
What is the name of your state? TX

ok I was wondering if my 17 yr old girlfriend who lives in TX would be able to leave her house and come live with me in california without her parents being able to take her back, or pressing charges on me or anything of that sort. I am also 17 and my step dad and I would be willing to pick her up. Would he get in problems? my family is willing to support both of us and have her living with us, they are willing to take responsibility over her. I heard that in TX you can move out at 17 or something like that. But im wondering if this is possible since she'll be moving from Texas to Cali. I'd like to know asap, thank you.
They could press charges against you for kidnapping, transporting a minor across state lines. Wait until she turns 18.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">