• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17yr old dui

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

britt926

im 17 i live in delaware sunday night my car slid off the road due to ice. im still on my permit nd wasnt supposed to b drivin nd it was around midnight. any wayy when she went to get my purse out of my car she started searching around she found an empty bag that weed was in. she then took me to the hospital for a blood test. i wanted to know if it was legal, if she didnt have parental consent? and if she was allowed to search my car. the empty bag wasnt in plain sight. so was she out of line?:confused:

The Occultist

If the officer believed you may have been driving while intoxicated, then yes, she is allowed to have you tested, depending on how well the officer can articulate the need for it.

If your license status left you unable to be driving, and you were driving anyways, that leaves the car open for being impounded, in which case the officer may go through the car for inventory purposes, or for any other reason as long as the officer is able to articulate her reasoning. Also, did you give consent to a search of the vehicle?

She does not need parental consent.

Have you been charged with anything?

racer72

Take the time between now and your 21st birthday and learn proper grammar and spelling. That is because you will not have a driver's license till then. The search of the vehicle is really irrelevent at this point, you are not being charged with anything as a result of the search. Even if the empty bag was to be used against you, all the officer has to say is that it was found incidental to retreiving a purse which she did have permission to retrieve. You and your parents need to talk to an attorney, the sooner the better.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">