• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17yr old pleads guilty to theft and we are still out the $$

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighTechRedNeck

Va.
Hello,
Long story short, my 10 yr old son was robbed almost $200 cash in June 2013. Went to court. Teenager plead guilty. Court says "we'll pay you back when thief pays the court back". November now and we're still victims. Any advice besides going Postal?!?

Silverplum

Va.
Hello,
Long story short, my 10 yr old son was robbed almost $200 cash in June 2013. Went to court. Teenager plead guilty. Court says "we'll pay you back when thief pays the court back". November now and we're still victims. Any advice besides going Postal?!?
Yes.

Obey the Court. Don't "go Postal." Certainly not over less than $200.

Don't let a little kid walk around with a bunch of cash.

dave33

Va.
Hello,
Part of the guilty plea must have been to pay restitution. The court is waiting to get the money and the money will get forwarded to you. Contact the court and ask how you collect restitution.

HighTechRedNeck

Guess I opened myself up to get trolled. Yes it was the same fat park ranger that robbed my son. Thanks for the no advice commentary.

HighTechRedNeck

Part of the guilty plea must have been to pay restitution. The court is waiting to get the money and the money will get forwarded to you. Contact the court and ask how you collect restitution.
Thanks for the reply. Yes the thief caught a deal on the confession. The irony is that the court clerk says we will see no restitution until the thief pays the court as I stated. There are no consequences for this thief until May 2014 according to the clerk.

HighTechRedNeck

Yes really, what was a 10-year-old doing with $200 in his pocket?
He had all of his Christmas and birthday cash on him....yes, he's learned a tough lesson. He's a kid, kids do stupid things. I guess we were in the wrong tempting a poor 17year od with such a juicy prospect. It's amazing the mentallity of some people. The first response I've gotten from you 2 was not why I or anyone seeks from a forum like this.

Silverplum

He had all of his Christmas and birthday cash on him....yes, he's learned a tough lesson. He's a kid, kids do stupid things. I guess we were in the wrong tempting a poor 17year od with such a juicy prospect. It's amazing the mentallity of some people. The first response I've gotten from you 2 was not why I or anyone seeks from a forum like this.
Alrighty. Then.

What answer did you expect? For me to grant your wishes and say it's ok to beat up the teen?

Kids may do stupid things, but who let him have access to that much cash? (That's free life advice.)

justalayman

since you let your 10 yo run around with $200 in his pocket, I think you need to reimburse the child along with an apology: your daddy did a really dumb thing but letting you carry around that much money so daddy is going to give you the money that fat 17 yo park ranger stole from you. I promise I will try to never do anything that dumb again.

It wasn't the kid that did he stupid thing.

dave33

Thanks for the reply. Yes the thief caught a deal on the confession. The irony is that the court clerk says we will see no restitution until the thief pays the court as I stated. There are no consequences for this thief until May 2014 according to the clerk.
Well, somehow the defendant worked a deal and does not have to begin payment until then. The time has passed for you to ask to get payment earlier. Not much you can do from a legal standpoint but wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">