• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17yr old runaway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jus4C

What is the name of your state? I am reported as a runaway in California but I have come to North Carolina. I am 4 months away from being 18 and about 5/6 months ago my mother kicked me out of the house and I went to live with my 24 yr old boyfriend. In fear of her government aide being withheld she told me to come home or be reported as a runaway about a 2 months ago. I flew to stay with my boyfriends parents and now the local police in the city my mother lives in california are calling asking for information about me. My mother has called the house as well. Can his parents be prosecuted for letting me stay here? Is it possible to go to trail and be emancipated before I turn 18 with my mother's cooperation? If I call her is it probable the phone call could be traced and used to find me? If I decide to go back to California will I be arrested or fined? I am very confused on what laws to even try to find, California or North Carolina. I would greatly appreciate any advice I could get here. :)

Wolflmg

Jus4C said:
What is the name of your state? I am reported as a runaway in California but I have come to North Carolina. I am 4 months away from being 18 and about 5/6 months ago my mother kicked me out of the house and I went to live with my 24 yr old boyfriend. In fear of her government aide being withheld she told me to come home or be reported as a runaway about a 2 months ago. I flew to stay with my boyfriends parents and now the local police in the city my mother lives in california are calling asking for information about me. My mother has called the house as well. Can his parents be prosecuted for letting me stay here? Is it possible to go to trail and be emancipated before I turn 18 with my mother's cooperation? If I call her is it probable the phone call could be traced and used to find me? If I decide to go back to California will I be arrested or fined? I am very confused on what laws to even try to find, California or North Carolina. I would greatly appreciate any advice I could get here. :)
Yes your boyfriends parents, and even himself can all get in huge trouble for harboring you as a runaway. You should go home and face the music.

Happy Trails

You don't meet any of the requirements for emancipation and it wouldn't happen in less than four months anyway.

Your B/F could face charges for contributing to your delinquency and probably others and it doesn't sound like your mom is afraid to go after him. When the police call is everyone in the house lying about your whereabouts?

I agree with Wolflmg, get your butt home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">