• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17yr old - weapons in school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mathelsom

Pennsylvainia.
I have a good friend who got into a fight in the cafeteria at school. They took him down to the office and suspended him for the fight. he happened to have him gym bag on him and they searched it. they found a set of brass knuckles in the bag. They called the cops and charged him for having a weapon in school.

I'm guessing the charges for brass knuckles aren't the same as like a gun. He's a great student and co-captain of the football team and all that good jaz. I know your not suppose to have anything in school but how serious are brass knuckles in comparison with any other weapon?

Hot Topic

He could have killed his opponent had he used the brass knuckles during the fight.

After the incidents at Columbine and other places, there's something seriously wrong with a student who would bring something like that to school. He could be expelled, then brought up on charges of carrying a concealed weapon.

In view of the fight and possession of the brass knuckles, the guy comes off as a major loser. Bad jazz, bad.

Mathelsom

I don't know why he had the knuckles on him. I'm not at all trying to defend his stupidity for bringing them on school grounds or even owning them. He didn't use them, and I don't even think he remembered he had them. It wasn't a planned fight or anything. But I guess it's still a weapon. And are there any laws or rules concerning when a search is appropriate or not?

outonbail

The school broke no laws by searching his gym bag.

In some states, brass knuckles are a felony, with the penalties being just as severe as if he had a loaded gun in his bag!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">