• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17yrs and want to move into aunts house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ashley1689

What is the name of your state? MISSOURI

Is there any possibilities police are going to come after me and my boyfriend if we moved into my aunts house? or if my mother signed over papers even if i live with my dad currently?

lacolta_gabby30

i don't know the exact law in your state but in indiana, if you moved out without your parents permission you can be filed as a run away. now if your mom has full custody of you then it probably wont be a big deal, but if your dad has custody or if they have joint custody and your dad does not give you permission then you could probably get in trouble.

R

rocco perez

aunt can also get into trouble

lacolta_gabby30 said:
i don't know the exact law in your state but in indiana, if you moved out without your parents permission you can be filed as a run away. now if your mom has full custody of you then it probably wont be a big deal, but if your dad has custody or if they have joint custody and your dad does not give you permission then you could probably get in trouble.
and so could your aunt. she could face several charges.

ashley1689

I called the sheriffs department and talked to several other friends and they said in Missouri you cannot get in trouble...no matter what your parents do...plus there is a site for a pention for the state to change "the 17 law"...so thanks for your advice, we'll see what happens.

R

rocco perez

you cant leave untill youre 18

ashley1689 said:
I called the sheriffs department and talked to several other friends and they said in Missouri you cannot get in trouble...no matter what your parents do...plus there is a site for a pention for the state to change "the 17 law"...so thanks for your advice, we'll see what happens.
are your friends lawyers or such? cuz they obviously dont know what they are talking about. the age of majority is 18. untill then, you need your parents permission. or you CAN be reported as a runaway, and your bf and aunt can face criminal charges. you are legally a child for at least a year or less, and arent going anywhere. get it now?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">