• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

18 and 14, Need Some advice please!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fayte

What is the name of your state? Washington

Aight, almost 2 months ago, I started dating a girl whom just recently turned 14. I myself turn 18 this coming Friday and I'm afraid of getting into legal trouble with the whole statutory Rape Issue. I've heard rumors about it being Sexual Contact with more than 4 years difference, but I've also heard it being 3 years difference, and ANYONE complaining for any reason. This wasn't really a concern of mine until recently when one of the girls that doesn't get along with her told me that if I was still with her when I turned 18, she would turn me in for Statutory Rape. At the current moment, the plan is to "break up" in the public eye, but continue to date "behind the scenes." Is it possible for me to get into the legal trouble if that happens? (We have not, nor will we have sexual contact.) I'm willing to cut everything off and keep a great friend, but both of us would prefer to remain together.

Anyone got some advice?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes. I have some advice for you.

Grow up and stop acting like an idiot.

If you seriously think that dating "behind the scenes" will keep you out of legal trouble when someone starts wondering what a legal adult is doing with a CHILD, you need a lot more help than a message board can give you.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
didnt you recently post this same scenario under a different screen name? you must not have liked those answers.
Yes, except that time, it was 18 and 15 and they were only 2 years and 10 months apart and he had heard about the "3 year law".

majomom1

didnt you recently post this same scenario under a different screen name? you must not have liked those answers.
LOL... I said the same thing! Two posts... so close together... from the same State.

Hmmm... if we can see it, chances are so can everyone else.

I personally would like to see a true "man" here. If she really is "the girl for you"... and you are an "adult"... you will back off, act like a perfect gentileman and leave no doubt in private or in PUBLIC...

If she is the one... and you are an adult... then you should show her respect, and that means "waiting" for her to become an adult. If you do that, then there is absolutely nothing and no one that can report anything or do anything...

YOU have complete control over your life...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">