• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

18 and 15 year old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

uniment

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I recently just turned 18 and she turned 15. We haven't had sex or anything, and I'm in no legal trouble, but I'm more worried about the potential problems this could lead to.

We're relatively two and a half years apart.

I've done a lot of researching on the statutory rape law in new jersey. Some sources claim that as long as I'm within a four-year boundary, I'm not committing a crime, while other sources don't make any sense whatsoever.

Any help would be useful. Thank you.

Crazed98

Here is the NJ statute that applies to your situation:

2C:14-2. Sexual assault. a. An actor is guilty of aggravated sexual assault if he commits an act of sexual penetration with another person under any one of the following circumstances:

(4) The victim is at least 13 but less than 16 years old and the actor is at least four years older than the victim.

The Occultist

Hold on now, the statute cited above is for sexual assault, not statutory rape, correct? I thought age of consent in New Jersy was 16, which means statutory rape is still a potential in this situation, is it not?

Crazed98

Hold on now, the statute cited above is for sexual assault, not statutory rape, correct? I thought age of consent in New Jersy was 16, which means statutory rape is still a potential in this situation, is it not?
I'm not positive but, I believe not every states have a specific statutory rape law. NJ may be one of these states; they just define it as sexual assault.

smutlydog

These "is it legal for me to have sex with a minor" threads are getting old. This site needs a sex with minors section.:rolleyes:

NO one understands these AOC laws, do they :rolleyes:

Time and time again, the same questions with nondescript anzswers. Ppl are just looking for information.

Happy Trails

NO one understands these AOC laws, do they :rolleyes:

Time and time again, the same questions with nondescript anzswers. Ppl are just looking for information.
That is a broad and ignorant statement...

This poster asked about statutory rape, was given the statute that pertained to it, and I told him he couldn't be charged with statutory rape. What is so "nondescript" about that?

Last edited:

fairisfair

That is a broad and ignorant statement...

This poster asked about statutory rape, was given the statue that pertained to it, and I told him he couldn't be charged with statutory rape. What is so "nondescript" about that?
happy, you really must read some of totalwrecks other posts. You will be "enlightened" about a number of things. LOL :rolleyes: :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">