• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

18 in 2 months

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

littlewish

I live in FL my sons friend sliped and told me that my son is going to leave and go to another state i talked to my son and told him that i know that he is thinking of leaving and told him that if he does i will call the police and report him as a runaway but he does not care , is there any way that i can stop him ,i asked alot of people and some said yes and others say he is to close to 18 can anyone help .

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
When he actually is 18, he can leave and go wherever he likes and there is nothing you can do about it.

Until then, technically you can ask the police to pick him up as a runaway if he leaves, but in actual fact that's hardly going to be a top priority with them when he's going to be able to leave legally in only a few weeks.

littlewish

thanks ,for the help i know that he is going to leave when he turns 18 and aug 28 is around the corner but if he gets into trouble in another state someone said that i can be charged i live in FL and i really dont know all the laws but thanks again.

fairisfair

thanks ,for the help i know that he is going to leave when he turns 18 and aug 28 is around the corner but if he gets into trouble in another state someone said that i can be charged i live in FL and i really dont know all the laws but thanks again.
Well, thank GOODNESS you aren't worried about your relationship with this child and the fact that he can't wait to get away from you!!

Just worrying about your financial obligations should he get "into trouble in another state" will certainly make this whole situation MUCH easier to deal with. :rolleyes:

outonbail

Don't want to lose those last two months of CS and/or state aid either I'll bet.

Oh, but the trailer just won't be the same without him......:cool:

littlewish

first of all i have a very good relationship with my son , i dont live in a trailer and i dont get any aid i work ,,,,he is trying to leave because of his father my husband ,,my son wants me to go with him but i cant up and leave with no job to go to or house ...

outonbail

first of all i have a very good relationship with my son
Which is why you learned of you're son's plan to run away through a friend of his who "slipped"
i dont live in a trailer and i dont get any aid i work ,,,,he is trying to leave because of his father my husband ,,my son wants me to go with him but i cant up and leave with no job to go to or house ...
What's dad have to say about all this? You have spoke to dad about the situation haven't you?

littlewish

1. look i came here for alittle input thats all, his father knows that he wants to leave and he does not care , my son is a good boy and i love him very much i am trying to save money so that i could leave in a few months and go with my son
2. but if my son leaves now his father would start alot of trouble and pull him back to FL just to make his life miserable SO all i wanted to know is if my son was to leave now could his father pull him back , like i said he only has 2 more months until he turn 18
3. and i was going to give all the money that i have saved up to my son so that he does not have to worry about housing and food that is why my son did not want to tell me he does not want to leave me with no money just in case.. And you do not know the circumstances so please do not judge me

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">