• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

18 year old dating 15 year old without parent consent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

raththemercenar

I am 18 years old and I am dating a 15 year old, whos parents said they will not let her date untill she is 16. They are very strict about this. We have not had any sexual relationship of any kind, nor do we plan to. If her parents find out, is there anything that they can do to me legally besides issue a restraining order? I live in Florida. Thanks.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Florida takes this sort of thing VERY seriously and you are a legal adult. A restraining order is only the START of things they can do.

Interference with custody and contributing to the delinquency of a minor are two charges that can be placed against you. Not to mention the fact that they can ground their daughter for the next three years. And they can make it stick. The law is on their side and you are on extremely shaky ground without a leg to stand on, legally. If mom and dad say no, it is no, and the state of Florida will back them to the hilt.

C'mon, kid. Did you really expect a legal board to tell you how to get around the parent's rules so that a legal adult can date a legal child?

DAD10

Not only is a RO the start of what the parents can do; there is also the possibility of Dad's plan B, Which in all possibility might not be legal- but an immediate gratification answer for a legal adult trying to date his child.

las365

Worst-case scenario: you end up with a criminal record as a pedophile sex offender, which follows you for the rest of your life. It affects the jobs you can get, where you can live, the way people look at you and treat you. For the rest of your life. Labeled a sex offender. A pedophile. Because even though you are a legal adult, you are too immature to wait a year or less to date this girl.

That is what could happen.

cyjeff

By the way....

Any contact that stimulate or arouses you OR the little girl is illegal.

Isn't dating children FUN?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You are looking at criminal issues. She is NOT 16 yet.

794.05 Unlawful sexual activity with certain minors.--

(1) A person 24 years of age or older who engages in sexual activity with a person 16 or 17 years of age commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, "sexual activity" means oral, anal, or vaginal penetration by, or union with, the sexual organ of another; however, sexual activity does not include an act done for a bona fide medical purpose.

(2) The provisions of this section do not apply to a person 16 or 17 years of age who has had the disabilities of nonage removed under chapter 743.

(3) The victim's prior sexual conduct is not a relevant issue in a prosecution under this section.

(4) If an offense under this section directly results in the victim giving birth to a child, paternity of that child shall be established as described in chapter 742. If it is determined that the offender is the father of the child, the offender must pay child support pursuant to the child support guidelines described in chapter 61. History.--RS 2598; s. 1, ch. 4965, 1901; GS 3521; s. 1, ch. 6974, 1915; s. 1, ch. 7732, 1918; RGS 5409; s. 1, ch. 8596, 1921; CGL 7552; s. 1, ch. 61-109; s. 759, ch. 71-136; s. 1, ch. 96-409.

raththemercenar

Ok thanks for all of your answers. I am going to have to talk to her mom about it next weekend, and if she still says no, i will probably break up with her :( One more question though. Would it be ok if I got the consent of only one parent? As in i got the consent from her mom, but not from her dad? (her parents are divorced)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No. They don't have to tell you directly - all they have to do is tell her.

cyjeff

Time for a visit from Unca Jeffy.

I have a wonderful 16 year old living under my roof.

Her rules are exactly what the law and her parents lay out for her. Even if.

Whatever power you believe your relationship gives you over the legal rights of the parents withers in the light of the law.

You lose. Not a little. Not in a kinda sorta way. You lose.

And if a grown man showed up at my house asking to date my child, you should hope that the police show up in time. If you try to give me a legal argument as to why I should release her into your hands... especially if the words "age of consent" are part of that argument... the best you can hope for is a warning shot.

tickledpink64

Dating her is not worth the risk you are taking with your future. If your relationship is meant to be then wait 3 years....it is not that long in the scheme of things. Good luck and I hope you make the right choice!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">