• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

18 year old dating 16 year old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bluekeys

What is the name of your state? Texas

I will be 18 soon, and my girlfriend who is now 15 will be 16 by the time Im 18. (her b-day is in jan. and mine is in feb)

So a month after she turns 16, I'll turn 18. In Texas Im pretty sure 18 is considered as being an adult. Is it legal to continue dating her? Ive heard/read multiple different things that all mix together and dont give a clear answer.

R

rocco perez

yes its legal but dont have sex with her

bluekeys said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

I will be 18 soon, and my girlfriend who is now 15 will be 16 by the time Im 18. (her b-day is in jan. and mine is in feb)

So a month after she turns 16, I'll turn 18. In Texas Im pretty sure 18 is considered as being an adult. Is it legal to continue dating her? Ive heard/read multiple different things that all mix together and dont give a clear answer.

yes its legal to date her, but dont have sex with her, or you could find yourself in a world of trouble. the age of consent in texas is 17, so dont even think of having sex with her, or you could spend some time behind bars.

bluekeys

no sex

Okay, thank you. The sex department is no problem for us. Both of us being Christians keeps us from having that kind of issue.

Anyway, thanks for the help. :) It was much appreciated!

ceara19

rocco perez said:
yes its legal to date her, but dont have sex with her, or you could find yourself in a world of trouble. the age of consent in texas is 17, so dont even think of having sex with her, or you could spend some time behind bars.
1. No one has ever gotten thrown in jail just for THINKING about sex.
2. Even if they have sex, he won't go to jail. The age of consent is 17 UNLESS, the age difference is less then 3 years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">