• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

18 yr old and 15 yr old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

calcutech

im from ohio

i have a girlfriend that is only 15 years old and i am 18 years old
my birthday is late october, hers is december

when we met, neither of us knew the others age, we figured that out a week later
we actully met at the party of a mutual friend
we started dating, but then cut it off because we were scared of the possible concequences
things didnt end up as we had planned though

we kept talking and ended up hanging out again
we progressed to the point that we even made out and she ended up taking her shirt off and we made contact
after that day though, we were like this went way too far and now we need to back off
we decided that we would once again limit it to talking

but she has a pastor that i guess is actully concidered a Counselor rather than a pastor, and she weekly goes to him and tells him everything
he has contacted me and told me that i have legally comitted abuse and that if i so much as talk to her again he will report me to the authorities

i really like this girl an i never meant to allow it to go this far
my question is legally, in ohio, what is statutory rape, how far do things have to go for it to be concidered as such, and what are the possible concequences
also what is the age restrictions involved and what would the four year clause mean in this situation.
i feel as though i am being blackmailed to the pastors own puropses, and i need to know where i stand legally

if somebody could clarify for me that would be great, i find the law very confusing

The Occultist

Legally, you are guilty of what the pastor has accused you of. Quit it.

Your question has been answered to death on these forums, and minimal searching on your part should yield the answers you seek.

Heck, I'll give more help: please Google "Ohio age of consent"

HomeGuru

im from ohio

i have a girlfriend that is only 15 years old and i am 18 years old
my birthday is late october, hers is december

when we met, neither of us knew the others age, we figured that out a week later
we actully met at the party of a mutual friend
we started dating, but then cut it off because we were scared of the possible concequences
things didnt end up as we had planned though

we kept talking and ended up hanging out again
we progressed to the point that we even made out and she ended up taking her shirt off and we made contact
after that day though, we were like this went way too far and now we need to back off
we decided that we would once again limit it to talking

but she has a pastor that i guess is actully concidered a Counselor rather than a pastor, and she weekly goes to him and tells him everything
he has contacted me and told me that i have legally comitted abuse and that if i so much as talk to her again he will report me to the authorities

i really like this girl an i never meant to allow it to go this far
my question is legally, in ohio, what is statutory rape, how far do things have to go for it to be concidered as such, and what are the possible concequences
also what is the age restrictions involved and what would the four year clause mean in this situation.
i feel as though i am being blackmailed to the pastors own puropses, and i need to know where i stand legally

if somebody could clarify for me that would be great, i find the law very confusing
**A: find a girlfriend your own age. And stay in school, you need the education.

calcutech

you misunderstand

it has already stopped
anything bad only happened once, and we mutally agreed it was too far

we just want to keep talking
we really like each other and i know she will hurt herself if it continues

the pastor sees me as hurting her, when in fact she confides much in me
i am one of the few people she trusts, and those people are few
too many people she trust end up hurting her

i know she will be extremely emotionally hurt by a complete seperation
i want to do as much to help her as i can
that is why i ask

i need to help her
she doesnt and never has trusted her pastor, he has a way of making you speak
and you later realize what you have actully said

i am only willing to risk anything because i care so much

also i am in college, i am just from the generation of microsoft word that fixes everything for me

Silverplum

Then you may adore her from afar...in your cell. :rolleyes:

it has already stopped
anything bad only happened once, and we mutally agreed it was too far

we just want to keep talking
we really like each other and i know she will hurt herself if it continues

the pastor sees me as hurting her, when in fact she confides much in me
i am one of the few people she trusts, and those people are few
too many people she trust end up hurting her

i know she will be extremely emotionally hurt by a complete seperation
i want to do as much to help her as i can
that is why i ask

i need to help her
she doesnt and never has trusted her pastor, he has a way of making you speak
and you later realize what you have actully said

i am only willing to risk anything because i care so much

also i am in college, i am just from the generation of microsoft word that fixes everything for me

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
YOU misunderstand.

The law does not change because you "really love her". The law does not change because she will be "hurt" by enforcing it. Whether it only happened once, or is still going on, it happened.

You are asking for serious trouble if you continue. If it's real love, it will still be there when she is 18.

calcutech

corrected

when i said misunderstood i meant what The Occultist said about quitting

it has quit
we just wanted to talk
by way of phone, possibly aim

nothing more
as friends basically, nothing more

also, dont things change once she turns 16? or only 18?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You are still not paying attention.

Until she is 18, she is under the care and control of her parents.

Until she is 18, they can can prevent her from seeing you, talking to you, IM'ing you, texting you, phoning you, or having any contact with you whatsover.

There is NOTHING in the law that is going to force them to let her see you or talk to you or have any contact with you if they do not want her to.

Where she is concerned, they are the law.

The law is not going to change because you want it to. The law is not going to change because she wants it to. The law is not going to change to suit your convenience, period.

Her turning 16 is not going to change the fact that she was 15 when you committed your crime.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">